verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.

I need help on a paper and some questions. Physics is not

I need help on a paper and some questions. Physics is not my strong suit and have had surgery having a hard time trying figure this stuff out. Need by Friday Night Feb. 22nd

Global Warming: Truth or Hype?
Details:The objective of this assignment is to explore and critically evaluate the widely publicized global warming debate.
Write a 500-750-word paper that includes the following:
1. A short introduction describing what is widely meant by "global warming."
2. Three paragraphs each describing some of the "evidence" cited for or against the claim that Earth is heading for a global warming catastrophe. Make sure to properly cite your sources.
3. A final paragraph stating your opinion on the matter. Make sure to support your opinion with scientific data and/or reasoning. APA style

2nd part of assignment - Word document

Chapter 5
48. Show that the water pressure at the bottom of the 50-m-high water tower in Figure 5.3 is 490,000 N/m2,or is approximately 500 kPa.

74. Stand on a bathroom scale and read your weight. When you lift one foot up so you’re standing on one foot, does the reading change? Does a scale read force or pressure?

78. Why is it inaccurate to say that heavy objects sink and light objects float? Give exaggerated examples to support your answer.

88. In a sporting goods store you see what appears to be two identical life preservers of the same size. One is filled with Styrofoam and the other one is filled with lead pellets.
If you submerge these life preservers in the water, upon which is the buoyant force greater? Upon which is the buoyant force ineffective? Why are your answers different?

94. Your friend says that the buoyant force of the atmosphere on an elephant is significantly greater than the buoyant force of the atmosphere on a small helium-filled balloon. What do you say?

96. When you replace helium in a balloon with hydrogen, which is less dense, does the buoyant force on the balloon change if the balloon remains the same size? Explain.

98. Two identical balloons of the same volume are pumped up with air to more than atmospheric
pressure and suspended on the ends of a stick that is horizontally balanced. One of the balloons is then punctured. Is there a change in the stick’s balance? If so, which way does it tip?

108. The photo shows physics teacher Marshall Ellenstein walking barefoot on broken glass bottles in his class. What physics concept is Marshall demonstrating, and why is he careful that the broken pieces are small and numerous? (The Band-Aids on his feet are for humor!)

114. If liquid pressure were the same at all depths, would there be a buoyant force on an object submerged in the liquid? Discuss your explanation of this with your friends.

Chapter 6
56. When a 1-kg metal pan containing 1 kg of cold water is removed from the refrigerator onto a table, which absorbs more heat from the room: the pan or the water?

58. Which has the higher specific heat capacity: an object that cools quickly or an object of the same mass that cools more slowly?

60. Why does adding the same amount of heat to two different objects not necessarily produce the same increase in temperature?
78. Why does the presence of large bodies of water tend to moderate the climate of nearby land—making it warmer in cold weather and cooler in hot weather?

Chapter 7

60. What is the purpose of the copper or aluminum layer on the bottom of a stainless-steel pot?

62. Many tongues have been injured by licking a piece of metal on a very cold day. Why would no harm result if a piece of wood were licked on the same day?

74. If the composition of the upper atmosphere were changed to permit a greater amount of terrestrial radiation to escape, what effect would this have on Earth’s climate?

78. Porous canvas bags filled with water are used by travelers in hot weather. When the bags are slung on the outside of a fast-moving car, the water inside is cooled considerably.
Explain.

104. If you wish to save fuel and you’re going to leave your warm house for a half-hour or so on a very cold day, should you turn your thermostat down a few degrees, turn it off altogether, or let it remain at the room temperature you desire? This question should elicit much discussion!

110. Why does spraying fruit trees with water before a frost help protect the fruit from freezing?
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes still need help.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok that would be great if I could get some help....

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is XXXX. XXXXXX for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

Has the deadline passed for this project or do you still have time left to complete - if so, what is the deadline?

If you would like me to try and help, is there anything else you can add to your original post giving me more details. You can upload any files using the paper clip icon in the tool bar here at JustAnswer or by using a file sharing site like mediafire.com or box.com and sharing the link here. I may not be able to answer all of the components of your question but possibly some of them.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful week.

:-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need help on aswering the questions on Physics. I need it by Saturday night or early Sunday morning by 10 Am.

Do you have copies of these pages that you can upload? Some of these are asking for information from diagrams and tables,etc that are not provided here.

I may be able to help on many of these questions but you would need to post the writing assignment separately if possible.