LoriHR, Professional With Advanced Degree
Experience:  Teacher, Editor, Tutor, MAEd, Writer, Research Pro

two part of a whole

Based on the principles of behaviorism, John B. Watson argued, tongue-in-cheek, that he could take a healthy baby and make him into a lawyer, doctor, or thief. Sandra Scarr argued that often a child’s genetic predispositions override the influence of the environment. Based on what you have learned so far about development, select a well-known movie that addresses the nature-versus-nurture question. Some examples are: The Blind Side, Rudy, and A Beautiful Mind. With reference to the film, respond to the following: How influential is the role of genetics in the child’s development? What about the role of the environment, temperament, and teratogenics, among others? Do you agree with Watson, Scarr, both, or neither? Support your arguments with research, citing sources. Write your initial response in 3–4 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. By wednesday, August 8, 2012

LoriHR :

Hi, there! I can help you with this. I'll use The Blind Side, as that is a dvd I have on hand, and have this ready for you by Wednesday. :)

thank u

You're very welcome. :) Here is your response, in an attached Word document. I use mediafire for these; all you need to do is ctrl + click on the link, and it will open in a new window. You can also copy and paste the link into a new window.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you for the positive rating.

:) Lori