Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

1. Explain how photosynthesis and respiration are linked in

Customer Question

1. Explain how photosynthesis and respiration are linked in order to provide you with energy from the food you eat.

Include in your essay:

Complete descriptions of photosynthesis and aerobic respiration.
Describe how these two processes are linked between plants and animals based on the reactants and products (water, carbon dioxide, glucose and oxygen) of both pathways.
Include a description of how energy is transferred from sunlight to ATP, from ATP to sugars, and from sugars to your cells.

2. In the absence of oxygen some cells and organisms can use glycolysis coupled to fermentation to produce energy from the sugar created by photosynthesis.

Explain the role of fermentation in allowing an organism to generate energy for its cell(s) in the absence of oxygen.
Include any reactions required for this process, and explain how the energy from the sun ends up as chemical energy for the anaerobic organism or cell.

3. Cells use enzymes as biological catalysts to increase or accelerate the rate of reactions, such as those in photosynthesis or glycolysis. This allows reactions to occur under conditions that sustain life.

Explain how an enzyme catalyzes a reaction. Include in your essay the three main steps of the cycle of enzyme-substrate interactions.
How is enzyme activity regulated by the cell?
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!