DXJ Writer
DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience:  Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.
50366526

What is a “competency?” What is competency modeling, and how

Customer Question

What is a “competency?” What is competency modeling, and how does it exemplify the strategic view of job analysis?
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 4 years ago.

DXJ Writer :

Any requirements?

Customer:

2 paragraphs.

DXJ Writer :

ok

Expert:  Writer G replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, my name isXXXXX and I would be more than happy to assist you with your Writing Homework question today!

Competency may be defined as the capacity to satisfy the requirements of a given task. An individual who is seen as incompetent does not possess the skills, knowledge, or ability to achieve the degree of achievement that is required. In human resources, it is vital that individuals who are hired for a position are competent to a certain degree. The level of competence needed for specific positions depends solely on the job being done. For instance, a college instructor could not be considered fully competent to hold the position of a surgeon without the proper training.

Competency modeling is a process used in order to identify and project the required characteristics needed from a job candidate. This process is used in human resources in order to achieve a level of competency that will ensure that business runs smoothly at the employee level. The competency modeling process exemplifies the strategic view of job analysis by clearly identifying what the employer would need out of the potential employee in order to consider them competent for the job position.

More information on this topic may be found HERE.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Hi!

Your answers are here

Hope this helps!Smile DXJ

DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience: Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.