DXJ Writer
DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience:  Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.
50366526

Case 2.1-Jumbuck Exercises You are the vice president of HR

Customer Question

Case 2.1-Jumbuck Exercises
You are the vice president of HR at Jumbuck Enterprises. The new CEO of Jumbuck, Harry (also known as “Chainsaw”) Price has called you into his office one fine Monday morning. Harry says to you: “[Your name], times are tough here at Jumbuck Enterprises. Things have got to change, and change in a big way. All this warm-and-fuzzy human resource management stuff is great-as long as you have the profits to spend on it. When you don’t, well, then I reckon I can save the firm quite a bit of money by sacking the whole HR Department. After all, a couple of decent clerks can handle the payroll.”
You gape at Chainsaw with a look of total disbelief in your eyes. You catch your breath and say, “But Chain…, I mean Harry, the HR Department is one of the most critical groups in the firm. How can Jumbuck Enterprises be productive and successful without a motivated, highly trained, and talented force? Every year the efforts of the HR Department result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in added profit for the firm.”
Harry raises his eyes up toward the ceiling, gives a little laugh, and says, “Oh yeah, well prove it. You’ve got until Friday at noon to show me how the HR Department affects the bottom-line profits of this organization. I want a ten-minute presentation from you about HR’s great value to this firm. It better be good. Otherwise, by Friday at five o’clock you’ll all have received your last paychecks from Jumbuck Enterprises.”
You hurry back to your office and rummage through a stack of reports one of your assistants has just prepared for you from a benchmarking study. In these data your firm is compared with 200 firms in all industries in the local area. Of these 200 firms, twenty were in your industry. Given the data that follow justify, justify your existence as an HR unit with Jumbuck Enterprises. How have you increased profits either directly or indirectly? How have you added value?
Some Hints: Average cost of an operative leaving the firm is estimated at one-half to one times the operative’s annual salary. Average cost of a manager leaving the firm is estimated as one to two times the manager’s annual salary. Average cost of a manager leaving the firm is estimated as one to two times the manager’s annual salary. Average cost of a day’s absence by an employee earning $30,000 per year is $415 per day.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 2 years ago.

DXJ Writer :

Hi! When do you need this? Any other source or length requirements?

Customer:

From the textbook Fisher, C., Schoenfeldt, L., & Shaw, J. (2006). Human resource management (Sixth ed.). Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Company. Also, one outside resource would be great. 2-3 paragraphs in length please.

DXJ Writer :

ok

Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.
I would be happy to provide you with the information that you require. I can posted the needed paragraphs, but I am swamped today. Is tomorrow acceptable?
Just let me know
Thank you kindly
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still able to assist with this?

I am so sorry when I did not hear from you, so I took on some other large pieces of work. I will opt out and open this for other Experts.

Lisa.

Hi!

Try this:

Through HR, the company realizes savings and optimization. HR promotes retention, which saves the company at least on-half to one times the operative's salary according to the Jumbuck scenario. When managers leave, the cost is one to two times that. Therefore, HR's ability to improve and maintain internal communication, engender motivation and performance and promote retention and attendance save the company considerable time and money.

Moreover, HR helps the company increase the value of its current human capital through retention and training. After all both promote knowledge and skill acquisition and specialized experience. Although the employees may require additional training, each new employee requires training. Moreover, the recruiting, selection and hiring processes do not guarantee success. Therefore, acquiring and retaining employees is the most profitable and cost-efficient way for companies to remain competitive. Since there are more than 20 firms in the area in the same industry as Jumbuck, HR's scope of duty and responsibilities gives the firm a competitive edge.

DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience: Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.