Harvil
Harvil, Master's Degree
Experience:  Educator and Freelance experience doing research and writing for magazine publications.
37094090

If the murder rate is 7-0,how many murders were committed in

If the murder rate is 7-0,how many murders were committed in space city last year whose population was 300,000?

a. 7.0

b. 70

c. 21

d. 210
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Harvil replied 4 years ago.
Welcome. I'd like to help you, but please check the question for accuracy. I think there may be a mistype. 7-0 is not usually how murder rates are written. Most of the ones I've seen are per 100,000 people - at least when talking about national averages. If this is supposed to be phrased 7.0 and it's calculated based on 100,000 people the answer is c. Please check the question to be sure that's what it is really asking before accepting. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It should be 7.0 instead of 7-0
Expert:  Harvil replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for double checking. If it is based on the national average which is calculate per 100,000 people, then 21 is the correct answer. :) Good luck