DXJ Writer
DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience:  Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.
50366526

For DXJ Writter: DQ1 Week 3: What is qualitative research?

For DXJ Writter:

DQ1 Week 3:
What is qualitative research? What is quantitative research? Give an example of each and address how they are different from each other.

Due Wed 50 to 75 words

DXJ Writer :

Hi! I can help! DXJ

Customer:

This is due today! Later this afternoon I would like to schedule a time to meet here to work questions for a quiz! If you don't mind?

DXJ Writer :

OK. What time were you thinking? Is this quiz on methods?

Customer:

On what has been covered in the class so far!

DXJ Writer :

OK. Will get the DQ to you shortly! What time were you thinking?

Customer:

ok thank you....I am waiting now for my instructor to load the quiz! I will contact you asap when she does ok?

DXJ Writer :

OK...........

Customer:

Cool...

DXJ Writer :

Try this............

DXJ Writer :

Qualitative research examines the contextual factors of a particular research question, examines it in a more holistic or comprehensive fashion. It does so through methods such as participant observation, structured observation, interviews, etc. Examples of such research might include focus groups selected for in-depth interviews. The responses would be assessed through numerous means. Notably, surveys could be considered qualitative even though the results are quantified.

Quantitative research generally observes and records events, occurrences or addresses the question through an experiment or via data exploration. For example, to determine the number of actions or likelihood of accidents on the job, one could examine the question by extracting the statistics pertinent to accidents for the year, comparing and contrasting that with the number of officers who worked that year and compiling the likelihood of accidents. Of course, this process could be further refined and examine these results via division and shift. However, this method does not necessarily provide contextual clues qualitative interviews might provide. Researchers using these statistics might not know whether a particular case was unusual or a particular type of crime dramatically changed the accident statistics.

Customer:

I've accepted your answer, but they are still working on the technical problem! So, please w/ customer service to make sure you rec've your funds!

Customer:
Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We're Having a Problem on the Site

We're sorry for any inconvenience, but there is a problem with the page you're trying to view. Our engineers have been automatically notified of this error. While we work on the problem, we suggest you try the following:

• Click the refresh button, or try again later.

• Look for the link to the information you were trying to find on the JustAnswer Home Page.

Thank you for your patience! We look forward to helping you.

Sincerely,

JustAnswer - Customer Service

DXJ Writer :

Hi! I just received a message from JA about this problem. They're trying to resolve this for your other questions.

DXJ Writer :

Many apologies for the difficulties! Appreciating you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

BELOW IS THE INSTRUCTOR'S REPLY TO THIS DQ QUESTION YOU ANSWERED. CAN YOU RESPOND BACK TO HER REPLY!

Do you have a cite for your definitions??

Surveys can be qualitative or quantitative depending on how they function, what they are asking, and how. Would you like to provide some insight on this point - anyone?

Surveys can be quantitative relative to number of purchases, number of times certain actions were taken, etc. Although the self-reported results like this are generally weaker than the observed events, they can be evaluated and assessed through analysis of other data (receipts, demographics, known behavior patterns, etc).

Surveys are also qualitative in nature when they ask about graded experiences.

For example, how likely are you to buy a mocha latte?

Structured responses usually include 1-5 ratings from no to definitely.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, somewhat....she also asked for the website you used for the definitions.

I didn't use a website, I breezed through my library in my house.

Too many years of study and Anthropology :-)

Newman, I., & Benz, C. R. (2006). Qualitative-quantitative research methodology: Exploring the interactive continuum. Carbondale, Ill. [u.a.: Southern Illinois Univ. Press.

Thomas, R. M. (2003). Blending qualitative & quantitative research methods in theses and dissertations. Thousand Oaks, Calif: Corwin Press.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you...perfect! Smile

Smile