stayathomemomof2
stayathomemomof2, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Freelance writer.

I need a Cover letter for a position as a Remote Pilot Operator.

Customer Question

I need a Cover letter for a position as a Remote Pilot Operator. I've got a resume if this will help. Also, I do have a job description. Thank you!
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 2 years ago.
I believe that I can help you with a cover letter. To make it more personal it would be helpful to have your resume and the job description as it's important to create a specific cover letter for each position you apply for. Otherwise, I can provide you with a more general cover letter that you can personalize yourself. Let me know. Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great, here is the Resume and Job Description - Thank you!

Address Here
_____________________________________________________________

Career Objective
To provide support and solutions to customer requests in a consistent and expedient manner while maintaining a positive relationship and actively fostering an environment of cooperation and efficiency between team members and internal employees.

Employment History:
06/2006 - present , Technology advisor, Self employed, Issaquah , WA
Analyzed computer problems, and resolved them. Advised others within my community on computer upgrades. Scheduled appointments to inspect computers. Responsible for maintaining computer hardware/software.

Education and Training:
• 9/2010 to present Greenriver Community College (Air Traffic Control ), Auburn WA
• ( will graduate in June, 2012) - Member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
• Private Pilot's License (currently in process and about 5 hours short)
• 9/2009 - 6/2010, High School Diploma: Emerald Ridge High School, WA
• 09/2006 - 06/2009, Issaquah High School, WA

Skills and Qualifications:
• Microsoft Office Programs
• Word, Access,Exel and PowerPoint.
• Networking
• CAD engineering 2 semester college class
• Hardware engineering
• Fast reaction in analyzing current situation
• MS Flight Simulator

Accomplishments and Activities:
• Volunteered at the 2006-2012 Salmon Days Fesitval in Issaquah,
• Volunteered in my community
• Raised large amounts of money by selling products for the community hospital.
• Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
• Blood drive at Greenriver Community College.
• I have enjoyed helping and serving my community and will continue to do so.

Interests:
• Aviation (Air Traffic Control / Private Pilot's License)
• MS Flight Simulator
• Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
• Music/Guitar
• Astronomy/Space
• Golfing / Sports
• Computers: Programming / Electronics

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Remote Pilot Operator - Seattle ARTCC (ZSE)
Requisition ID 27876BR
Job Description
RTSC’s Training Organization is currently seeking a part-time on-site Remote Pilot Operator (RPO) at Seattle ARTCC (ZSE). This position is in support of the FAA Air Traffic Control Optimum Training Solution (ATCOTS) program. The RPO will operate a combination of FAA information data systems to simulate the actions and communication of pilots. RPO’s receive voice commands from student air traffic controllers and operate a combination of to simulate the actions and communication of pilots , input proper entries into the automated system via CRT/keyboard/VCS to simulate pilot actions, translate displayed information into appropriate air traffic control (ATC) terminology, and respond to the student via the Voice Communication Switch utilizing proper phraseology. RPO’s are required to perform duties of a pseudo air traffic controller. Several forms of this would consist of vectoring and applying required aircraft separation standards, and simulate inter- and intra-phone communications between facilities.

Required Knowledge Skills and Experience

Must possess superior interpersonal and analytical skills, exercise good judgment, and good problem solving skills.
Candidates must possess an ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals, and an ability to speak clearly and be understood.
Able to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to insure the training delivered at the local level is responsive to local needs, is comprehensive and of consistent high quality.
Have at least one year of experience interfacing with computer systems and data entry.

Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience

A minimum of one year of aviation related experience or training. The experience should include knowledge of the National Airspace System (NAS), airways, Navigational Aids (NAVAIDS), location identifiers and aircraft characteristics and performance.
Experience as a computer operator, RPO, air traffic control specialist, or pilot is highly desirable.
Prior experience in one or more of the following areas is desired: Military ATC or flight experience, Private Pilot’s license-IFR rating, Pilot ground school, CTI graduate, radio dispatcher or flight scheduler
Have at least 1 year of experience using Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point
Prior experience with Microsoft Flight Simulator program
Desired experience in a similar ATC lab environment or sufficient aviation related experience to have established the ability to interpret aviation procedures and communicate effectively.

Required Education
High school diploma or equivalent

Desired Education
Currently attending or a Graduate from an accredited CTI (Collegiate Training Initiative) school highly desirable

Certification
Unless certified as an RPO at time of contract award, each new RPO trainee must complete knowledge and skills tests for each area/sector to be supported. Each knowledge test will be developed and graded by the FTL or FAA designee and must be passed with a score of at least 70%. The intent is to test the RPO trainee on information pertinent to sectors to be supported.

Upon successful completion of the knowledge tests, the RPO trainee will begin training for the skills tests. The RPO trainee must observe a certified RPO, an FAA employee, or contractor instructor performing RPO duties on a minimum of five (5) simulation scenarios. The intent of this is to acquaint the RPO trainee with good operating techniques and proper strip marking/remote script procedures. The RPO trainee will receive on the job training on at least five (5) but no more than twenty (20) simulation scenarios on each control position to be supported. The Field Training Lead (FTL) must be notified when the RPO trainee is ready for certification. The FTL or FAA designee must observe the RPO trainee’s performance on one (1) simulation scenario of 80% complexity. The FAA must document the trainee’s performance on Attachment J-15.3, Performance Evaluation Critique Sheets – Remote Pilot Operator Instruction/Evaluation Report, indicating “Initial Certification” in the Operating Position Box. If certified, the RPO may support any laboratory stage, in those positions, without the presence of another certified RPO.

The authorized Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative may waive the certification process if an RPO was previously certified as an RPO, air traffic control specialist, or has other acceptable related aviation experience.

Okay, this information is great. I'll be able to draft a great cover letter using this. When do you need this back by? Smile

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need it yesterday! LOL Well, I guess as soon as possible. Thank you very much !
You are very welcome. I'm sorry that I'm not getting this to you sooner today. My oldest came down with a bug, so we had to hustle to the pediatrician's and the store. I will be working on this for you, and should have it to you by noon tomorrow. I hope that works for you. If not, let me know and I'll opt out in case another expert can get to it sooner. Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent - I'll wait for it. Hope your son/daughter is feeling better?! Thank you!
Great. I just didn't want to rush something as important as this. Thanks for asking, son, he's four, so I'm sure he'll pass it on to me and be better while I'm feeling horrible. It's about how it goes. He perked up a little bit after he got the first dose of medicine. Have a great night. Smile

Please let me know if you need any help with this. Click here for your cover letter. This cover letter is more specific for this particular description, but you will be able to re-work it to fit other descriptions in case you need to continue looking. (Fingers crossed you will not.) I have kept this simple and to the point with the important information, such as letting the employer know what position you are applying for, how your qualifications line up, availablity and eagerness to start. If you would like any changes, please let me know. Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your satisfaction is my goal. Contact me if you feel that I did not reach that goal! A tip is a wonderful way to say that I did a great job. All answers given are intended as educational guidance only. Thanks!

stayathomemomof2, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Freelance writer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I LOVE it !!! Thank you very much for your quick response! I would love to ask you for help in the future!
Thanks. That's what I love to hear. You can always request me or put my name in the field title. I'm a writing and general expert and would be happy to help you in those areas.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here