verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.

DJX Writer need help! essay - argumentative /persuasive

DJX Writer
Need help on an essay it is an argumentative /persuasive casual essay... i have attachment ready please respond info attachedit also needs a concesssion (idk what that is) It is a casual essay

I need an essay 500-750 word essay This is the topic… if you want to revise the thesis that is fine… I am sorry if it is not a great topic.

A thesis statement. Your thesis must meet one or more of the following requirements:

a) Argue for a particular cause. In the outline smoking is unhealthy due to the poor choices of the smoker

b) Argue that several factors equally cause the phenomenon. I have a few in the outline

c) Argue against an apparent cause or widely held belief in favor of another cause. I have a few in the outline

d) Argue that a series of causes led to the problem. I have a few in the outline

2 At least five sources. (If you like, you can reuse the "Identify & Evaluating Sources Checklist" that you used in Module 2.) All sources must be academic and include the following:

a) One book (print or electronic)

b) One article from a magazine or newspaper (print or electronic)

c) One article from a journal (print or electronic)

d) One article from an encyclopedia or other reference work (Wikipedia does not count.)

e) One Web site

3) A correctly formatted References list.

With these sources, you will need to use different skills. For the book, going to the GCU library or your local library will get you started on this search. The articles from the magazines, journals, and encyclopedias or other reference works are best found by going to the GCU library. Use the sources gathered to ease your research.

The last type of source is that of the Web site. This is the one that can be dangerous. When searching for your topic, bear the following in mind:

• .gov: when URLs end with .gov, it means the site is put together by the government and has research behind it.

• .edu: sites ending with .edu are those connected to an educational system and thus, researched.

• .org: these sites can be used with caution. The .org means it belongs to an organization; however, the organization must be evaluated for its purpose.

• .com: these sites should almost always be avoided and they are used for commercial purposes.

Stretching your minds in analyzing the causes of problems opens your eyes to what needs to be fixed, but also, hopefully, to what you can do to fix them. Take on this challenge with an eye to how your writing and thinking can change the world.

The outline of the argument is below and a sample of the format is also below.

Outline

1. Introduction- smoking can lead to serious health problems. This is being advertised everywhere in today’s society. The idea that the tobacco companies are making people smoke, and the nicotine is the cause of the health problems, should not be advertised as truth. The truth is one cannot be addicted to nicotine if they personally did not smoke the first cigarette, and the tobacco companies cannot make anyone smoke, that is entirely up to the person. Smokers become smokers due to their disposition, vulnerability, and susceptibility.

1. Tobacco industries have decided to make smoking look glamorous. They have made it appear attractive, they have advertised this everywhere. The tobacco companies are being blamed for the unhealthiness of smokers.

2. Nicotine is a drug that is very addictive. Tobacco companies include this is their product. This is what is said to be the addictive behavior behind a smoker’s habit. The smoker would not have this habit if they did not innately have the desire to smoke in the first place

3. The smoker has a choice to pick up a cigarette or not. Yes an addiction is not an easily broken habit. The smoker should realize, however that it is his or her own fault. They had a desire to smoke in the first place. The advertising is not the biggest culprit, the advertising for items everywhere is prevalent, but not everyone smokes.

I           The cause of the addiction is the underlying reason to want to smoke. People have            anxieties and depressions, some major others not so major, but both of these are inside a person. The person wants a relief of the feeling.

1. Anxiety is a feeling of nervousness that can be extreme or light. It can be ongoing or occasional. Being anxious may drive that person to want to smoke to see if the feeling will be relieved, and it often is. The treatment of high energy is actually a stimulant. For example a hyperactive child that has been prescribed medicine for it usually is on a stimulant to enable focus and calmness.

2. Depression is also an internal feeling that one often retreats to finding an answer for. The depressed person may also want to smoke to see if there is a relief. There is often and immediate but not long lasting relief. This is because the depressed person needs an “upper” or stimulant. For example this is often seen at parties where the people are drinking alcohol. The alcohol is a depressant and creates a desire for a stimulant, this will enhance the desire to smoke; therefore it is often seen that a drinker has a cigarette also.

It’s true that the same reason can create an internal desire to try a cigarette. Both anxiety and depression can encourage a first cigarette to be smoked. The addiction could be for the same reason the smoker tried it in the first place, or from the addictive drug inside the cigarette. In conclusion the ultimate fault of having a smoking habit is none other than the smoker himself.

SAMPLE OF FORMAT

XXXXX XXXXX

ENG-106 English Composition II

March 17, 2012

Debbie Graves

Argumentative Essay Outline and Rough Draft

Charter schools are beneficial to the successful reformation of education in the United States, and should not be closed but appropriated funded and operated. The educational system has a variety of diversity that is fairly new to our country considering what education used to be in the United States of America. Since America began educating its citizens, it has adapted to the culture and the influx of diverse students

The education systems began as churches willing to educate the students that were wealthy, fortune enough, and considered to have the time to allot during daily life. The education system evolved into a right to all U S citizens, then into a right for even those who are anticipating citizenship. The idea the United States has more freedom them the most other countries, involves a lot of immigrants seeking the best for themselves and their families. This in turn increases a volume of students that is multiplied continually. This is why the country is in need of alternative schooling with smaller class sizes and more attention on teaching students according to their abilities.

The moral obligation of our country and our educators is to provide the best possible education to all students who are involved. In 2006 Lubienski said “In looking for more efficient and effective ways of educating diverse students, some reformers sought alternative forms of educational provision free of traditional bureaucratic constraints (Lubienski, 2006).”

This is why there are charter schools. The students who do need smaller class size individual work stations and instruction are most often the students who are no longer producing results that are required in a regular school classroom. “Congress has recently devoted considerable time and attention to charter schools, authorizing major grant programs to assist charter schools with startup costs3 and facility acquisition, 4 and allowing failing conventional public schools to restructure themselves as charter schools under the No Child Left behind Act. (Morley, J., 2006)”. With the increase of diversity and also the increase of learning styles there needs to be an increase of smaller setting instructional classes for the students who need to have the individual time  in order for successful comprehension and learning time.

Charter schools have been implemented and have been successful, Patterson has commented on California and how the state has implemented charter schools. She said “Over the last five years, California has created a high stakes environment in K-12 education. In this new environment, educators are desperately seeking different and more powerful approaches, methods and organizational structures in order to meet the challenge of achieving high levels of student performance. (Patterson D. 2002)” Charter Schools are a great solution to many of the issues, concerning smaller class sizes and teaching according to ability, and for the teachers to be able to teach at their best performance.

However there are criteria that have been debated over, such as whether or not the charter schools have actually provided the criteria in the No Child Left Behind Act. It has not been implemented according the Encyclopedia of school psychology; it states “This act contains a number of mandates that may be particularly challenging for charter schools to meet. For example, the Act requires that all teachers in public schools meet specific credentialing standards and be qualified in the specific subject they teach by the 2005–2006 school year. This mandate, which may appear valid and reasonable to much in education, has not been readily accomplished in many charter schools (Encyclopedia of School Psychology, 2012). The idea that the charter schools cannot implement the criteria into their educational plan is an underlying meaning in this statement. While true at the moment, they can be made to enforce the proper criteria to comply with the act.

Another issue concerning the charter school reformation of education is that there are many charter schools closing, each year. Although the closures are less each year, it is still unclear as to the reasoning of shut downs (Cavanagh S., 2012). This is a hindrance when it comes to parents debating on enrolling their child. “The closures can also be directly related to the lack of adherence to the requirements. “They are funded with taxpayer dollars and adhere to most state accountability standards. In general, the school signs a charter with the state and the student with the schools. If the terms of the charter are not lived up to, the school can be closed (Harrison, B, 2012).

If the charter school lives up to the requirements and the funds are available, it can be very beneficial to our country.  The charter school offers a more structured and individual education to the many students that need it, forming successful reformation of education in the United States. The educational system containing diversity and many new students can be managed properly.

:

References

Cavanagh, S. (2012). Charter School Closings Trending Downward. Education Week, 31(20), 5.

Encyclopedia of School Psychology."Charter Schools." Ed. Steven W. Lee. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage     Publications Inc., 2005. 84-86. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 5 Mar. 2012.

Harrison, B. (2012, March 4). Charter school bill still faces House hurdles. Northeast Mississippi Daily               Journal (Tupelo, MS).

Lubienski, Christopher. Charter Schools.Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration. Ed. Fenwick W. English. Vol. 1. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Reference, 2006. 115-117. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 5 Mar. 2012.

Morley, J. (2006). For-profit and nonprofit charter schools: An agency costs approach. The Yale Law Journal, 115(7), 1782-1821. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/198486138?accountid=7374

Patterson, D. (2002). The charter school option. Leadership, 32(1), 26-26. Retrieved from

http://search.proquest.com/docview/204319479?accountid=7374

Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 2 years ago.

DXJ Writer :

Hi! I'd be happy to take a look. Is this your outline? When do you need this? DXJ

Customer:

I need at least a rough draft by Wednesday evening... is that enough time?

DXJ Writer :

It might be tight!

DXJ Writer :

Hi! I'm going to try to find someone for you..........

DXJ Writer :

Looking forward to assisting you again! DXJ

DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience: Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish it could be you that helps... you are awesome, usually no one else will help and I am left on my own.

HI! Can this really be on anything?

If so, I can get you a rough draft tonight. Is that okay? DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already turned in the outline .... so I believe it has to be on that topic

OK, so the outline for smoking is yours.
Sorry! Sometimes, this gets confusing.

I can get you a rough draft based on that outline later today. Does that work?Smile DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes... Thank You very much!!!!!! Will you be able to include the resources? Just let me know... but I am thankful for the rough draft
Yes, I can do that!Smile DXJ
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. I will be helping you with this. Your topic is smoking can lead to serious health problems?

Thanks!

Gwyn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure who is working on this is DJXWriter already working on this? If not Gwyn .. I have all the information listed in these posts
Hi, Gwyn is going to assist you with this. I contacted her last night. Just wanted to make sure you got the assistance you needed. Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks,
Hi Gwyn The assignment is a rough draft of a casual essay formed rom the outlined provided. The criteria for words and resources etc. are listed. The format is shown by the report I have included... that is just an example ... nothing else of it concerns the assignment.
The thesis is something like this:
The health problems caused by smoking is not the fault of anything or anyone els but the smoker..
can you do this
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.

Hi Knadene,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am working on this now, and should have something by 11:00pm EST, likely much sooner!

Truly, Gwyn
So glad Gwyn is helping you! Smile DXJ
Expert:  verbsrule replied 2 years ago.
Hi there!

Here is your answer!

http://www.box.com/s/d021b60fd14a4fb54727

I had fun writing it, and thank you for letting me fill in for DJX.

Truly,

Gwyn
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked you another question did you get it?
Yes, I posted to you there. DXJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you help with the essay that i asked from Gywn?

Hi!

I really appreciate your request!

Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you with that one.

Looking forward to assisting you again!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
DXJ