KitKat1010
KitKat1010, Master's Degree
Experience:  English teacher with 10+ years experience.
28623286

Chapter Thirteen discusses the major elements of drama and

Chapter Thirteen discusses the major elements of drama and distinguishes the form from other genres like the short story and poetry. Using the play Riders to the Sea (Synge) as an example, discuss what elements and qualities make drama unique as a literary form. Support your ideas with textual evidence from Synge’s play. In your post, take into consideration how the literary themes of Riders to the Sea relate to the dramatic form.

Your initial post should be at least 150 words in length.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  KitKat1010 replied 2 years ago.

KitKat1010 :

Hi there. I'd like to help you with this question. I'll have this for you shortly!

KitKat1010 :

I have a response for you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to improve this to you and I'll do my best to help!

KitKat1010 :

Literary genres like the story story and poetry have the ability to elicit an emotional response in readers. Yet it is only drama that has the power to make people feel emotion in an overwhelming way. This is made evident in Synge's play Riders to the Sea. One of the characters, the mother Maurya, easily conveys a series of sorrowful emotions because of the tragedies she experiences. For example, at the beginning of the play, she is mourning the loss of her family. She feels to sad that she even has difficulty sleeping. She sleeps “if she is able,” Synge writes, and because the audience is able to see her posture, tears, and face, they are able to feel a more overwhelming response than if they were simply reading the play. Maurya's emotion also comes through at the end of the play when she grieves the loss of her sons. However, she leaves the audience on an almost hopeful note when she shares her acceptance of her lot in life. She says, “no man at all can be living forever, and we must be satisfied.” This sentence is intended to move the audience by helping them understand that this character will survive.

Customer:

thank you so much for your help!!!

KitKat1010, Master's Degree
Experience: English teacher with 10+ years experience.