SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Published author, experienced editor, classroom teacher, tutor, grammar expert. Polished, professional writing.

Hi Susan, I have another assignment I would love to get your

Hi Susan, I have another assignment I would love to get your help on. Discuss three stereotypes you encounter in your own life and the effect those stereotypes can have on others. This can be a stereotype you realize you have been guilty of holding or someone else's. Explain (a) what the stereotype is and (b) what sort of argument, no matter how flawed, might be used to support it, and (c) identify any mistakes you find in that argument.
The paper must be three pages in length.
Hi. Thanks for requesting me. I can assist with this, but due to the length required, it's a little underpriced. Could you commit to a bonus of $20 on completion?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, that is alright....I will just continue to work on this myself. My finances are short this week...I am sorry!
OK, no worries. I'm really sorry I couldn't help.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Susan, Me again! I have been working on my assignment and I have written about stereotyping homosexuals. I was wonding if you could just give me 2 more ideas! This can be a stereotype you realize you have been guilty of holding or someone else's. Explain (a) what the stereotype is and (b) what sort of argument, no matter how flawed, might be used to support it, and (c) identify any mistakes you find in that argument. I already have 2 pages so I only need one more. Would you be willing to do this for 20.00 plus a tip?
Sure. Please submit what you've got so far via or a similar site.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I do that? Not sure what this is.....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

One should never judge a book by its cover, so why do we continue to judge each other by our outer cover? Why can't people show their sexuality freely, without worrying about being judged? Why can't an African American move into a mostly "white" community and not feel comfortable? Why can't an overweight person walk into fitness center without feeling as if they don't belong? In today's society one can be humiliated or abused because of their race or if they are not skinny, beautiful, or straight. In this paper I will be discussing three different stereotypes I have encountered in my own personal life and how it has affected me and others.

A stereotype is a preconceived belief or decision that one holds on someone because of their appearance or by their actions. In the Bill of Rights, it says we have Freedom of Speech, so why are we so afraid to speak up for ourselves? We say that we are all equal but, there is still racism, sexism, and people judging others based on their religion, color, weight, how they dress, and what they eat.

While attending High School I was stereotyped in a few different ways, a prep" because I was on the cheerleading squad, and a "teacher's pet" because my father was my high school principal. I would not have categorized myself as being a "prep" I had a variety of friends and never focused on one single "click." I would definitely not categorize myself as a teacher's pet, although all the teachers knew me quite well, I felt like I had to walk on egg shells around many of them.

When I was a teenager, I babysat for a little boy that acted very feminine. He would dance around the room and act like Mary Poppins with his umbrella twirling above his head. If I painted my nails he would be glued to my side because this interested him so much. Now this little boy did not grow up being a cross-dresser, however he did grow up to be gay and he decided to "come out of the closet" while still in high school. When this child was four years old, I had already stereotyped him as being gay because of his feminine actions. I cared for this child until he began sixth grade and although I knew he could possibly grow up to be gay, this never became a problem with how I looked at him and loved him. This was just how he was from the time he could walk, talk, and play. I know there are people that are unsure about their sexuality and experiment, but in this instance, this boy was born this way. That is who he is so with all of the stereotyping that goes on with homosexuals, it is not fair to judge those who feel this is just right for them.

Thanks. When do you need it, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is tomorrow afternoon okay?
yes, no worries
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay great! thanks so much! ps. I have not proof read what I sent to you so I will go back over it all after you send me your ideas! Thanks again!
no problem, thanks.
Thanks for your question. Your custom-written answer is below.

Kind regards,

One stereotype I've noticed recently is a lot of jokes and negativity at the expense of overweight people. It seems that all of a sudden everyone not only obsessed with fitness, but actually cruel and hurtful to people who have to struggle with their weight. People who are overweight can be characterized or stereotyped as lazy, slovenly, or not caring about themselves. It makes sense, because many people do have to work very hard to stay fit. All things being equal, someone who is lazy might be fatter than someone who isn't lazy, because staying thin requires hard work. But everyone has natural tendencies to be fat or thin. So even people who are overweight may exercise or eat healthily. It's impossible to know just from someone's shape what they do or don't do. For example, someone who is a little overweight could maybe be even more overweight if they did absolutely no exercise or ate whatever they wanted to.

Another stereotype I've noticed, this one a negative stereotype on athletic people, is that athletes are dumb. There's even a phrase for it, which is "dumb jock". I think the reason for this stereotype is that some athletes really don't perform well academically. For one thing, being super-smart isn't really important to perform well in sports. Lots of very high profile athletes are clearly only of average intelligence, which stands out when they have to give on-camera interviews. On the other hand, that doesn't mean that everyone who is athletic, fit, or strong isn't smart, even though it's easy to stereotype someone that way.