Jane T(LLC)
Jane T(LLC), Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert (published and written on many subjects).
2911261

Hello Jane, Hope everything is well. Can you please see if

Hello Jane, Hope everything is well. Can you please see if you can help me with these assignments? Interview with a Social Services Lobbyist

· Each LT member conducts and interview with a social services lobbyist within your state legislature. Use the same form of interview questions as in previous interviews but include the following:

o Discuss the role of the lobbyist as a social advocate.
o How do his or her positions as a lobbyist affect social policy changes?
o How are dollars for human services acquired? What role do they play?
o Does the interviewee see his or her role as a policy changer or as a funding advocate? Why?
o What does he or she envision as the future for human services? Will we as a society fund more or less to those in need?

As a group, prepare a 2-page paper summarizing the interviews and submit the group paper to the Assignments entitled “Final LT Interview 3” on 1/30.

From what I got from reading this we don't have to pick a specific cause, we
just have to find an individual who does this particular job.

Due TOMORROW THURSDAY: How does the human services worker integrate the use of mediation, or third party neutrality, when he or she also serves as an advocate for the client and is an employee of the agency? Please remember that discussion questions are to be 200-300 words in length and be substantiative in nature. If possible, draw from your own real work experience

DUE TOMORROW THURSDSDAY: As a mediator, you respect your client’s cultural background. While people of the same culture share many similarities, there are also differences (eg. different personalities, life experiences, and subcultures). Conversely, there are often more similarities between people of different cultures than differences. How important to the mediation process is the client’s cultural perspective? How can a mediator use information about culture without falling into the traps of stereotyping and over-generalizing? Remember to cite from course texts and support with real world experiences.

DUE SATURDAY: Write a 2 page paper expanding on the literature review submitted in Week Two.
Explore the existing integration of mediation and advocacy within a human services agency on a national or international level.
Use the findings from your three sources as references in the paper.
Discuss whether you believe mediation is appropriate for those specific populations that the agency serves.

Post your paper in your Assignments Forum.

Jane T (LLC) :

HI, I cannot see the questions for Thurs. clearly. Can you list them again?

Customer:

Thursday questions DQ1: How does the human services worker integrate the use of mediation, or third party neutrality, when he or she also serves as an advocate for the client and is an employee of the agency? Please remember that discussion questions are to be 200-300 words in length and be substantiative in nature. If possible, draw from your own real work experience

Customer:

DQ2: As a mediator, you respect your client’s cultural background. While people of the same culture share many similarities, there are also differences (eg. different personalities, life experiences, and subcultures). Conversely, there are often more similarities between people of different cultures than differences. How important to the mediation process is the client’s cultural perspective? How can a mediator use information about culture without falling into the traps of stereotyping and over-generalizing? Remember to cite from course texts and support with real world experiences.

Customer:

Were you able to view the individual assignment due saturday and the team interview? If so can you please have these questions by friday to post it up to the team? Thanks

Jane T (LLC) :

For the Sat. one, were not your literature sources all from different agencies? Did you pick one?

Customer:

yes I chose CASA volunteer

Jane T (LLC) :

Okay.

Customer:

Hi Jane, I just wanted to say that these are the 8 DQ questions and if you can have four by tomorrow? 1. When working for an organization and advocating on behalf of a client it is necessary for the professional to remain impartial about his or her beliefs. According to Barsky (2007), "the mediator’s background is not relevant as long as the mediator can show by word and by deed that he or she is not biased." However, when there is an imbalance of power as it would be in such a case where the mediator is employed by the agency "one must demonstrate “equidistance” as well as impartiality. "Equidistance refers to the ability of the mediator to assist all parties express their “sides.”Equidistance allows the mediator to align temporarily with each party, so long as the mediator eventually assists all parties equally (Barsky, 2007)." Also for this method of mediation to be deemed effective, the mediator should simply facilitate communication and understanding to both parties on behalf of the other instead of trying to assist in the outcome. The final way that a social services worker can integrate the use of mediation is by having no particular interest in the outcome of the conflict. Barsky states that when one does not have an interest in the outcome, "the parties are free to make their own decisions about how to resolve their conflicts."

Customer:

2. The human service worker integrate the use of mediation and the third party neutrality when they are being service to advocate the client agency. The human service worker are there to help both parties to make the right decision of choices so they both can agree on the same issues. "Mediators must be independent, neutral, or impartial. (Barsky, 2007) Staying neutral in the human service field is very important while you are just listen to both parties and not taking either sides. The human service workers are there to help the client in any way they can but they can't just tell them what to say, they have to make their own decision upon themselves. Human service worked have to be more focus with both parties and limited the biases. Each third party can make their own decision in resolving there conflicts. The human service worker should provide the right kind of information to the party as being their advocate of helping them with the service.

Customer:

3. A human services worker integrates the use of mediation, or third party neutrality, when he or she also services as an advocate for the client and is an employee of the agency must be done in a very thought out, care process.

To me a mediator means you have to know your own biases. So when you are working in an agency or with a client, a mediator has to be able to minimize the effects of biases. For the mediator to stay, "neutral, the mediator must have no pre-existing biases, no decision-making authority, and no stake in a specific type of outcome (Barsky, 2007)". In third party neutrality, each party are free to make their own decision and how to resolve the conflicts at hand.

To some up, the human service workers need to first have firm boundaries and recognize what or who the are representing for the client and for the agency they work for. The worker must approach the conflict as a mediator and advocate for the client that came to the agency to seek their service. Then, as the go through the mediation process of the conflict, the worker must take their personal bias aside and mediate for their client. If by chance mediation does not work for the client, the worker than can remain neutral and just help guide the parties into a mutual decision to the conflict.

Personally, this seems very complicated. At my job, I wear different hats, per say, and it is very difficult to keep each position separate and not cross boundary or ethical lines.

Customer:

4.

As Barsky points out in our readings, mediation, third party neutrality, advocacy, plus anything else necessary to accomplish a job has many different perspectives even within the same agency. In regard to neutrality, we must have total focus on both parties and without biases, there are however cases where a HS worker has disagreements, this is not only natural, but acceptable, we are all different.

However, in regard to different biases, we must still remain neutral and if biases exist the HS worker needs to disclose any partialities before proceeding, which also gives the client an opportunity or right to have another HS worker.

I also feel that do to funding issues; many agencies have dual positions for their HS workers. This means that the HS worker does mediation, but also stands up to advocate when it becomes necessary. As HS workers we must realize that a concept exists in regard to mediator neutrality and third party intervener, and that is the fact that concern and value within each case is a must. We must respect all fairness’s, justice, seek the most appropriate paths, as this position is not about finding who is wrong or right, or even blaming a particular party member, it is about helping each one understand the other and the dilemma at hand.

Customer:

5. How important to the mediation process is the client’s cultural perspective?
This is very important to the mediation process. When two parties have different cultural backgrounds this can lead to miscommunication. The mediators need to make sure that the conflict is due to cultural differences. The mediator will need to know what each party considers a conflict, how the conflict needs to be approached, which process is most appropriate for invention and what constitutes resolution" (Barsky, 2007 p. 158). If you are not familiar with a client's culture you may not be able to help them i a positive way. Some words may mean different things for the different culture. One culture may feel that things should be done one way while the other feels it should be done another way. When a mediator is not familiar with a certain cultural then communication can become strained. The mediators do not have to believe in the culture but respect the client. Respecting the clients culture can help the client. Learning about a clients culture can help you understand them better. This can also lead you to help solve the conflict.

To keep from falling into the trap of stereotyping and over-generalizing the mediator needs to respect the culture and know that there is diversity within any culture. The mediator has to also make sure they do not push or impose their values onto the clients. The mediator also has to make sure they do not judge the cultural as well. When a mediator does not understand a culture or does not know anything about the clients cultures then the mediator need to research the culture. The mediator can bring in others that know more about the culture or have the client bring in someone they trust to help in the mediation process. This can help the mediator learn about the culture and also keeps them from offending anyone.

Customer:

6. How important to the mediation process is the client's cultural perspective?

The client's cultural perspective is really important in the mediation process. Our chapter 4 reading talks about how "cultural issues affect mediation practice" (Barsky, n.d., p. 156). One of the reasons (perspectives) listed in the reading are that the conflict could be a cause of "cross-cultural miscommunication, conflicting cultural values or beliefs, or dividing resources between people from the different cultures" (Barsky, n.d., p. 156).

Mediation is about helping solve conflicts by remaining neutral and not being bias. With different cultural backgrounds the mediator may not understand the differences and have a hard time with effectively mediating between the different parties. It is important for the mediator to be prepared for the different cultural conflicts and set of mind.

2. How can a mediator use information about culture without falling into the traps of stereotyping and overgeneralizing?

The mediator can remember the two values which are "cultural relativism and respect for individuality" (Barsky, n.d., p. 157). The chapter describes cultural relativism is where one does not look at any culture to be better or worse than any other culture. Also, the mediator needs to remember to respect the individuality of a person in the same culture. If the mediator remembers to respect the individual and remembers the individual still has his or her own way about his or her culture then the mediator would be less likely to overgenarlize or stereotype.

A real world experience would be with different church denominations. I am a Seventh-Day Adventist. A few of these churches are known to be legalistic and kind of rude toward others. This is not the case for most SDA churches and SDA believers. However, since I'm a Seventh-Day Adventist I get labeled the way the few churches in the world have been known to act. I am automatically viewed as a legalist and a snob. So if one were to mediate between different christian groups or individuals then the mediator would need to respect my individuality and not overgeneralize me with the group that give our denomination a bad name. The mediation process would not be fair if the mediator came in thinking I was a legalist and a snob. It would make the mediator think that I would not budge from my ways.

Customer:

7. The clients cultural beliefs are very important. This is because depending on the culture of the clients depends on how the mediator will approach the situation. The mediator will need to be culturally competent so he or she can effectively help the clients. They need to understand the resolution styles that each culture may have and determine if a different approach is necessary.

A mediator needs to be aware of the different cultures he or she may interact with. If the mediator is working with individuals from different cultures then they need to try and figure out if the differences are coming from cultural miscommunications or if they are cultural differences. It could take additional time, work, and patience on the mediators behalf to look into this and dig for the information from the clients. Some mediators do not take the time to do this, but if you can find the root cause to the situation it may be easier to solve.

A mediator needs to ensure that they respect the different cultural values of their clients. Showing understanding of their beliefs will make the clients feel welcome and understood. They need to validate the individuals concerns and show that they understand the differences in culture and the problems they may face.

Okay.

Here is your answer review please save. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jane the interview questions are due tomorrow I didn't know I didn't post that. Sorry

It will be late tonight for me to post that as I am out all day today.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi ok np I also needed the 8 dq answers I posted I needed four by yesterday. If you have time please post that too. Thank you

I will try.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jane, Thank you for the dq answers will you be able to have the interview questions by today and this individual assignment DUE SATURDAY: Write a 2 page paper expanding on the literature review submitted in Week Two.
Discuss whether you believe mediation is appropriate for those specific populations that the agency serves.I had chose CASA. Please let me know thank you

If that is a group project please provide your group's work also.

I am trying to have everything today.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi yes its a group project and an individual assignment too Here's the URL with the team part http://www.mediafire.com/?gbbzoccabwp2rhi

I've chosen these two parts to write about with the teams information. This is what the team leader wants "My thought is first talk about the role and responsibilities of the lobbyist and all general lobbyist information that we have gathered, then introduce the interview and answer the questions that are specific to the interviewee's response". What do you think? Let me know.

The role of lobbyist as a social advocate
How lobbyists affect social policy change

Okay.

Can you let me know what your three agencies were? I cannot remember.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is the only reference you posted References:
CASA Las Vegas. (2011). CASA Las Vegas. Retrieved from http://www.casalasvegas.org/become-a-casa/casa-training

Unless your asking for the teams reference

No - this is what I was after:

Without those I cannot help with this.

Here is the other portion: Here is your answer review please save. Let me know if you have any questions.

If you can get this to me I can have it for you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi see you if can find the three agencies here this is the teams paper here's the url http://www.mediafire.com/?7m1szsmfkg69avx
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will you be able to have the two questions for me by tomorrow I posted the url where the team portion is at.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Jane,

Can you please see if you can help me with question 8 this is DQ answer L left this one out .

8. You make a valid point regarding ethics and being both an advocate for the client and a mediator as an employee of the agency. Do you it unethical then to advocate for a client and mediate toward mutual conflict resolution when the client and the agency are in disagreement?

HI,

You already have the answer for (1) The role of lobbyist as a social advocate and

(2) How lobbyists affect social policy change - see responses number 6 and 7 from yesterday.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok Jane I will check were you able to open the media fire file for the individual assignment?

I got the document and opened it, but there are NOT 3 agencies there. I need the agencies in the "the literature review submitted in Week Two" what were those?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
(ie. Children and Family Services, CASA, Vocational Rehabilitation, Child Protective Service, Department of Adult and Aging, etc.

Do you have the URLs for them?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi no I copied the information from my syllabus

Okay.

I think so.

All answers are there.

Please remember it is end of month, thanks.