Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.;15 yrs. Teaching Exper.

i need help on my writing question that was posted yesterday...i

i need help on my writing question that was posted yesterday...i have until tuesday @ midnight to post the assignment...thanks
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I would be happy to help you. I am happy to provide what you need, but I do not have any of your other information on my screen. Just let me know what I can assist you with and I will provide.
Thank you kindly
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will repost...thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DISCLAIMER: Information in questions, answers, and other posts on this site ("Posts") Posts are for general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional advice (medical, legal, veterinary, financial, etc.), and do not establish a professional-client relationship. The site and services are provided "as is" with no warranty or representations by JustAnswer regarding the qualifications of Experts. To see what credentials have been verified by a third-party service, please click on the "Verified" symbol in some Experts' profiles. The site is not intended or designed for comes from individual users, not JustAnswer; JustAnswer is not responsible for Posts. EMERGENCY questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oops...that was an error....will copy and repaste question

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
assignment: journal entry of a subordinate group member..identify and descirbe which, if any , of these creation and consequences situation the group has faced - creation: extermination, migration, annexation, or colonization. - consequences: extermination, expulsion, secession, segregation, fusion, or assimilation. write a fictional (imaginary), first-person account of the creation and consequence situations of a subordinate group in the united states in the form of a(NNN) NNN-NNNNword journal entry. describe, as if you were a member of that subordinate group, where the group orignated how it came to the united states, and one or two locations in the us where members of your group live. be creative in your fictional descriptions, but aacurate with your facts. cite your sources aacording to APA requirements, provide a cover letter
I would be happy to assist you, but I want to make sure the tI am clear on the assignment from your instructor.

First person narrative, made up but yet accurate events. If I wrote a first person narrative of an african american women, being me, living in the early 1900's would that suite your instructors's requirements?

I want to make sure before I begin any work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes.....thank you
Oh, good. I am finishing with a lengthy customer request now. I finish teaching my last class tomorrow at 4:00. I can have this written and posted for you shortly there after. Is that acceptable?
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, that will work, i will need to have it posted by midnight mountain time zone....again, thank you
No problem, I am on the east coast. I will have this posted for you by 7:00p.m. eastern time. I am glad I will be able to assist you.
Have a great evening
Lisa
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to asset you with your assignment. Just so you know, for any future assignments, you may request me. This way you will be directly contacting an expert and you will be able to tell me exactly what you need and by when.

The following is the information that you requested:

JOURNAL ENTRY FOR ABBY JONES

Today was a very trying day for me. Although I am beginning to think that I should come to a realization that all of my days are going to be like this day, and the previous days. Am I setting myself up for failure when I hope and pray that times are changing for the better? All day while I am working on the cotton fields I hear men talking about the future. I thought that I knew what this meant. Did I know what this meant, or did I know what I hoped it would mean.? There are so many questions with little answers. As of lately, the answers that I am getting do not seem to be for the better life of an African American Women living in the early 1900's.

Today is Friday, June 4, 1904. More than one hundred years ago African Americans came to this country, in particular in the southern portion of the United States. My grandparents and hundreds others just like them were brought to this country to work for other people, specifically other white people. We were not given decent passage to this country, nor where we given a choice. Many of the African American men and women that came to this country from Africa with my grandparents and their parents died on the journey over to America. There was barely enough food or water. My relatives and their friends were thought of as property not as human beings. But, as I said, today is June 4, 1904, and now my of my group are working on cotton farms in the southern states of the United States. What has changed?

Segregation is still very much a part of my life. Even on the days that I think to myself, "it is a new century. It is no longer the 1800's, life is changing." How is life changing. It was just a few years ago, in 1896, I remember a very very dark and depressing day around these parts of the cotton fields. The court decision of Plessy v. Ferguson provided a legal basis for even more segregation in American Society. How, I keep asking the others in my town, is this improvement. Just as I thought that the new century would bring more choices, more opportunities, it seems that there are more dark, separated days ahead for African Americans. At least the African American Men have a little more freedom to speak, and to work. This is still not the car for African American Women. Why couldn't I be the boss of the men, of other women, dare I say even white men and women.

I guess I shouldn't be too down on my situation. Today was just a long, hot, day and I am feeling sorry for myself. Segregation has been so hard, and on days when the temperature outside reaches 100 degree and I have no choice but to continue working, I get a bit sad. But, there have been improvements. Within the last four years these new Jim Crow Laws do seem to bring a ray of light into my world. Now it is allowed by law to have schools and stores that are for whites only and for blacks only. But, I have to ask myself, "What will the black schools and the stores that blacks are allowed into be like?" Some of the other women that were talking today said that at least blacks are given the right to go to school and to get an education. I suppose this is true. I hope these new laws help us, and make it easier for African Americans to be an equal member of society. I guess only time will tell.

I want to be able to own land, to be able to have my own farm to grow crops and sell the food. How wonderful it would be to not feel like I am being annexed from others. I don't think that my husband realizes that being an African American Women is not at all the same as being an African American man. Men are granted more respect and are more important than women. To be me, and African American Women in 1904, I feel segregation on two different level. In the society that I currently live in, the area of Georgia, in The U.S. I am not given the same legal or moral rights as whites. Then, there is the segregation that women feel by men. African American Women are thought to be at the bottom of importance. I know that it may be dangerous to writ ethos in my journal today, but it feel good to express myself. Although times seem to be getting a little better as each year passes this new century, the fear if violence and rape scares me each and every day. I know of too many African American Women in the past ten years that have been raped by black men for reasons that make no sense. These women are said to be disrespectful to men, and some were said to not work hard enough. This is why when I work each day, I am quiet, and listen to others talk. I myself do not talk unless I am asked a question.

LIving in Hinesville, Georgia, in 1904 has brought about many questions for me. But, I am aware that there will always be questions, and only time will tell what changes, wither good or bad, will be in store for African American Women. I hope and pray that we are ale to gain respect and authority in society. In the meantime, I will work, raise my family, and continue to record the changes that happen in my life.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO ASSIST YOU. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THE ACCEPT BUTTON AND FEEL FREE TO REQUEST ME IN THE FUTURE.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
LISA
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.;15 yrs. Teaching Exper.