DXJ Writer
DXJ Writer, Master's Degree
Experience:  Research writer, educator, tutor with 20+ years experience.
50366526

Ashford 6 - Week 5 - Final Paper Argument Paper For

Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Final Paper

Argument Paper

For the Final Paper, you will identify a specific claim relative to one of the topics listed before and defend it with as strong an argument as possible. These topics are presented below as questions. The best way to develop a thesis statement is to offer an answer to the question, and then state in a clear and specific sentence the basis for your answer.

Should homosexuals be able to marry?
Is racism and anti-Semitism still a problem in the United States?
Is factory farming cruel to animals?
Is anthropogenic climate change (what used to be known as "global warming") a problem that needs immediate and/or long term attention?
Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
What, if any, limits should there be to embryonic stem cell research?
Should public workers be allowed to join unions and engage in collective bargaining?
Is the death penalty just and applied fairly?
Are there any legitimate restrictions on gun ownership?
Is it a problem if one percent of Americans possess 50% of American wealth and assets?
Should abortion be legal?
Should evolution be taught in the public schools?
Are science and religion in conflict?
Can one be moral and not believe in God?
Part One – Thesis
In this part of the paper, the thesis is to be stated clearly and specifically. It should appear no later than the end of the introduction paragraph.

Part Two – Argument
This part of the paper will present the argument for the thesis. The focus should be on identifying the strongest support for the thesis. Then, present that support by constructing an argument. This argument, or set of arguments, will probably employ both deductive and inductive reasoning.

Part Three – Counter-thesis and counter-argument
In this part of the paper, the strongest objection to the thesis is presented along with an argument (probably briefer than the argument in Part Two) for that thesis.

Part Four – Response to counter-thesis
In this part of the paper, you respond to and refute the counter-argument based on evidence discussed in Part Three. This response will draw on the earlier argument in Part Two to show that the original thesis can be defended against this objection.

The paper will be evaluated in terms of the grading rubric. The clearer your presentation of the debate and the more specific you can be in that presentation, the stronger the paper will be.

The Final Paper must be six to eight pages in length. You must use at least four resources, at least one of which must provide support for your thesis and at least one of which must provide support for your counter-thesis. Two of the four required resources must be found in the Ashford Online Library. The Final Paper must be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style, and all resources must be properly cited in text as well as on the reference page. If you would like to refer to APA samples and tutorials, log into the Ashford Writing Center (USER NAME: ashford; PASSWORD: student). Click on the “APA & Research Guides” tab and review the resources.

Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:

Must be 6 to 8 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a title page with the following:
Title of paper
Student’s name
Course name and number
Instructor’s name
Date submitted
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
Must use at least 4 scholarly resources, including a minimum of 2 from the Ashford Online Library.
Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Ashford courses, there are two different ways to submit assignments for grading. Depending on the system the course utilizes, assignments will either be submitted via the classroom Assignment Basket or Waypoint .

Waypoint Assignment Submission
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
Click on the Assignment Submission button above. The Waypoint "Student Dashboard" will appear.

Browse for your assignment.
Click Upload.
Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week's assignment tab in Waypoint, or clicking on Check Assignment Status within the Meet Your Instructor unit in the left navigation panel.
For more deta
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 5 years ago.

DXJ Writer :

Hi! Thanks so much for requesting me! I can help. I cannot however guarantee it by midnight tonight. (I have really been under the weather for 3+ days, unfortunately.) I can try! I will start on this shortly and keep you updated if that's okay. I can promise by this time tomorrow. Let me know, OK?

Customer:

Hello DXJ,

DXJ Writer :

Hi!

Customer:

I'm so sorry to hear you have been ill. I also hate placing this huge responsibility on you at this time. I had a power outage in my community and the power didn't come back on until yesterday.

DXJ Writer :

I had that happen a week or two ago. So sorry for you! At least, it's back:-)

Customer:

I have notified my instructor and TA of what is going on . I can still submit my paper but will the points off penalty. You did and excellent job on my first paper and I reall y appreciated that.

DXJ Writer :

Aw.......thanks!

Customer:

So do this assignment in APA format, it must be 8 pages of body, and tilte page worded the same way except it has to have the date I'm going to submit it. And a reference page.

DXJ Writer :

I was thinking that we could argue that the need for "hate crime laws"

DXJ Writer :

and the FBI taks force created to address such crimes substantiate alot of it, as do the persistence of the EEOC

DXJ Writer :

It says 6-8 pages in your description:-)

DXJ Writer :

Counter argue that the Civil Rights Act, the EEOC and affirmative action are "enough"

Customer:

I wish to God I had contacted you in the first place do you know how much runaround I have had? until I saw your message again, and thought about going directly to you.

DXJ Writer :

and that the hate laws relative to speech violate the first amendment:-)

DXJ Writer :

What do you think?

DXJ Writer :

Well, next time you can post it to me directly......... or just request me. You can always put "DXJ" in the message line and message me:-)

Customer:

Now the instructions say 6-8 pages but I am happy with what you come up with. I got a very good grade for my paper this last assignment, even though it was late. You did it timely, and excellently, I'm not lazy, it just that I really need expert help. I've been muddling along on my own for quite sometime.

DXJ Writer :

I understand............

Customer:

And been getting mediocre grades, I want better! I pay a lot of money to go to college. So in the future, I will contact, request you Ms DXJ. All shoes, makeup, and dresses are formally on hold because Ms DXJ will be getting paid!

DXJ Writer :

:-) Aw...........which degree are you pursuing?

DXJ Writer :

LOL- I buy few things:-0

Customer:

Business Administration and my new class also started today Interpersonal Communication. So I did my intro and I will answer some of my classmates bio's as well. We are the the new educational team!

DXJ Writer :

Very cool!

Customer:

I'm home for the evening, if you have any questions let me know I will be on the computer. And keep your contact information close and handy! I know I won't have any more run around now that I have contacted you. But please take care of yourself as well.

DXJ Writer :

Thanks! I'm trying! Just need to rest in between tasks........not quite my style but that is how it is. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again for your patience. I appreciate it!

DXJ Writer :

Working on the introduction...............

Customer:

DXJ, rest as much as you need to I already informed my instructor of this power outage so he has to a lot for some time for that. I know I won't get an A but with your expertise I certainly won't get an F either. So if take care, take your time, I stoppped all worries when I knew it was going to be addressed by you. When ever you get it done he will get it. Now take a nap!

DXJ Writer :

OK. Thanks so much for your kindness and patience. I appreciate it and YOU!

Customer:

No Dear, I appreciate you! My area of expertise is cosmetology and makeup not all this APA stuff. I have learned a lot in the last 3 years. But in the last few months I also had a class at Wayne State University. It has ended last Thursday and our grad day is the 20th Aside from working and taking take of my life I'm just tired. So I know better than anyone about having too many irons in the fire.

DXJ Writer :

I am about 3/4 through........will take a rest in a bit. It's coming along better than I hoped. It will be a very strong argument!

Customer:

How hare you today? I'm okay with you taking out the time for yourself. I know you will make me proud. Keep up the good work!

DXJ Writer :

:-) No rest yet. working on citing this now..............

Customer:

I'm home, any questions let me know. I hope that you will feel better soon...

DXJ Writer :

Thanks! Your answers are here

DXJ Writer :

Please add the necessary information to your title page. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for your patience! DXJ

DXJ Writer :

Please add this citation to your reference page:

Moran, J. (2008). Employment Law: New Challenges in the Business Environment, Fourth

Edition. Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.

DXJ Writer :

Sorry, I overlooked it.

DXJ Writer :

Disregard the previous link. This one has the right references section.

Customer:

Ms DXJ,

Customer:

would you instruct me once again in uploading thie files including the recent one instead of the previous one that didn't have the right references. I don't want to mess this up. Thank you

DXJ Writer :

ok. hang on............try this link

DXJ Writer :

It should open in a new window. Save it to your computer.

DXJ Writer :

Add the information to your title page (I didn't know your class or instructor).

DXJ Writer :

Save your file.

DXJ Writer :

Did you get it?

DXJ Writer :

Hi!

Customer:

This paper is outstanding, I figured out what I'm suppose to do. I am very proud to send this to my instructor. You have truly outdid yourself. Just give me a minute to address this

Customer:

I'm having a problem finding the assignment, I did save it. I'm just trying to locate it.

DXJ Writer :

:-) Did you find it?

DXJ Writer :

Well, the data made it easy to argue in this case.

DXJ Writer :

I told you it was a strong argument! Glad you're happy with it!

Customer:

DXJ, please help I can't find the paper! I saved it in word but what am I doing wrong?

DXJ Writer :

Where in your files did you save it?

DXJ Writer :

My documents?

DXJ Writer :

You can always redownload the paper and add what you need to and save it to My Documents.

DXJ Writer :

You can also hit the menu bar on your computer and select recent items to find it. That might help, too.

Customer:

I'm staying calm and trying the same steps again

Customer:

Ms DXJ,

Customer:

I found it! uploaded to my instructor...twice. Because the last class the teacher said she didn't get my assignment. After 4 weeks of waiting for my grade I got a B. So I don't want any mistakes.

Customer:

You are terrific, I am so happy and relieved. You take of yourself you have done an excellent job!

Thanks! When you get a moment could you please leave feedback? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ms DXJ

Thank you so much for doing such an excellent job and from your sick bed! I'm so satisfied and will be intouch very soon. Please take care of yourself. I will be in touch with you exclusively.

Marsha Hall

:-)