Amber, do you have a model for this paper?
Create a mini-lesson (15-30 minutes) to address each of the following areas related to literacy development:
(a) Monday: Oral language and Vocabulary
(b) Tuesday: Phonics, word patterns, and word analysis
(c) Wednesday: Fluency
(d) Thursday: Reading Comprehension
(e) Friday: Writing
(2) Each day's mini-lesson should address an evaluation of learning that is objective and measurable, and directly assesses the students' achievement of the targeted academic standards. Every lesson should have the following structure at a minimum: objective (linked to academic standards), materials (include copies of all materials to teach lesson), procedure (a step-by-step description of the lesson from beginning to end), and assessment (a concrete, measurable way to assess the objective).
(3) Each mini-lesson should be a piece of the larger whole, not individual or unconnected lessons. That is, lessons later in the week should build on lessons from earlier in the week, and they should all reinforce and integrate skills from the prior lessons in the weekly sequence.
iv) Write a 1500-1750 word Practicum Reflection that includes the following:
(1) A synopsis of your observations in the reading classrooms, and how they influenced your Language Arts Unit Plan.
(2) A reflection on the Language Arts Unit after you taught it. What were its strengths and weaknesses? What would you change and why? What did you learn about teaching from your mentor teacher? Include this reflection with your Unit Plan.
(1) APA format is not required, but solid writing skill in APA style is expected.
(2) Ask the classroom teacher to complete the Classroom Teacher Evaluation Form. Include it, your Language Arts Unit Plan, and the Practicum Reflection as the Benchmark Assessment submission to the instructor. Attach the Practicum Placement Form and Observation Record.