Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant
Experience:  Professional Wedding Consultant
70951075

Thinking about buying flowers for a friend's wedding, what

Thinking about buying flowers for a friend's wedding, what kind of flowers should I get? This is not a close friend, more like a co-worker. Or any other ideas, like a gift card?

Good evening Joe,

A nice thought with either choice for the upcoming wedding of your friend. While flowers are a nice thought, I would suggest going with a gift card in this case. Often flowers are given to a hostess and less for the bride although that is a nice touch. The gift card though is in my opinion a better choice and offers thought in something that the bride and groom might like and enjoy later on. A gift card from American Express, Visa etc is a good choice along with a nice bottle of wine. Something that they both can enjoy when the wedding is over and can be put to use to get their new life going on a good start.

Enjoy the wedding and please let me know of any additional questions you might have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful tonight.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

how much is appropriate for the gift card, $50, $100? What kind of wine would be fine?

$50-$75 dollars for the gift card would be the expected cost to spend. As for wine, go with anything as both red or white is fine. I would visit a wine shop and see what they might recommend that is a good price and that has received high marks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

great. one last question, why people like to give $75 as a gift, I've seen this a couple of times. Any history behind that?

Not aware of any reason other than it is close to $100.00 and looks like a larger number than $50.00. A gift card in the range of $50-$75 is a nice gift to the wedding party.