Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant
Experience:  Professional Wedding Consultant
70951075

Oh . I just want to know if it would be appropriate to send

Customer Question

Oh hi. I just want to know if it would be appropriate to send out a card announcing that my parents want to travel for their 50th Wedding anniversary. They insist that they do not want us to plan a party or a reception. I am sure money can help with their travel expenses. I am not sure if it is appropriate??
JA: The Wedding Planner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Wedding Planner should be aware of?
Customer: none that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Wedding Planner about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Wedding
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Congratulations first to your parents on their 50th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful idea that they wish to travel and see the world. In terms of your question, asking for money upfront without any party or reception could be seen as a bit of a problem in terms of etiquette. Friends and family that would receive a note asking for money without a reception could rub people the wrong way.What I might recommend is to have a quiet and small gathering of friends and not make a big fuss about it to your parents. I would feel your parents would enjoy having something held for them that is low key even if they say they do not want something such as this. With the invite to the reception you can then state the idea of travel and money would be a nice thing to give instead of travel.If you still feel that no party is going to be held, then asking for money to travel will be of bad etiquette. Best to see if a small party with good friends at a restaurant for example could be done as this would be a good way to have money given for travel.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
My hope is that the suggestion I offered can give you advise on how to handle the thought of money for the trip for your parents. If no additional questions could you please take a moment to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful and allow me to assist other customers on our site.Take care,Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank u for ur reply. That's what I thought. Please stop my subscription as I don't want to go on with my planning. How can I stop it?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
You are welcome as you can go ahead and contact customer support. You might though want to keep the subscription for any future questions you might have. Also I am paid for answering questions that are asked on the site so if you choose to keep our service that if you could rate my help so that I receive credit for assisting you.Thanks and have a great day.Michael