Renee
Renee, Wedding Consultant
Experience:  I have been a Bridal Consultant, and a Wedding Planner. I own a flower & cake decorating shop
1014948

what is the best all inclusive resort to get married in, in ...

Customer Question

what is the best all inclusive resort to get married in, in the riviera maya/cancun area? Without costing too much?
Category: Wedding
Expert:  Renee replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning nicki44m - Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

I used to be a travel agent for many years and I arranged many honeymoon trips for my Brides and Grooms during the long process of getting to know them while doing their flowers, cakes, and favors for their weddings. Your very best bet is to get in touch with a local travel agent in your area and ask them about the all inclusive resorts in those two areas. Sandals and Beach Resorts were always my favorite, but Iberostar Resorts ran a close second. Most of the large hotels have a hostess that will walk you through the whole process including, getting your marriage license, documentation of your marriage, wedding packages to choose from and making sure you get to and from the airport to the hotel and back. They will also walk you through any rules and regulations for getting married in Mexico. They have very talented people for these destination weddings that will take care of everything for you and all you have to do is show up!

Many people book their own destination weddings on line, but a travel agent goes to the travel shows and picks up all of the brochures for these lovely places and knows all the specials, best rated ones, and can get you the very best deal out there. When you are traveling to Mexico, you need a passport and you need a contact person just in case you run into a glitch somewhere. That is extremely important! By going to a travel agent, you have someone in the United States as well as Mexico to help you during your travels and that is the best advice I can offer anyone wanting to have a destination wedding anywhere in Mexico.

I could go on line and find you all kinds of deals at many of the hotels, but I would not be able to help you once you were in Mexico, so please see your local travel agent. He or She will know everyone's favorite resort as well as what discounts are available for the time of year you are planning on traveling.

Best of luck to you and have the most wonderful time of your life in beautiful Riviera Maya or Cancun as they are very popular places to get married! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, otherwise, please hit the green accept button so that I may get paid for my answer. I will be leaving feedback for you and I would appreciate you doing the same for me. Renee

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks. XXXXX already knew the stated information. The promblem is there are soooo many hotels and I was hopeing for some specific names of resorts so I can narrow my search. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Renee replied 6 years ago.

Hello againCustomer- Since there are so many resorts to choose from, I asked a travel agent friend of mine to give me some direction to help you start making a choice. She said the best place to go on the internet is www.destinationweddings.com and take a look at the pictures of the resorts in each of your two choices for your wedding. She said one of her favorites is Allegro Playacar and their phone number is XXXXX She also said many of the resorts ask that the bride and groom arrive at the resort 3 days before the wedding to take care of all the details, including the license. When looking at the different websites, choose your budget range and package or you can fill out an on line form and they will email or mail you information. Some of the other favorites are: Paradisus Riviera, El Dorado Royale, The Royal Camerin Hotel, and one of the grandest is the Viceroy Mayakoba. I have no idea what your budget is, but this will get you started and you can choose the ones with the services you like the best as well as the price. Since the region Riviera Maya covers about 75 miles of the beach, you can choose if you want to be closer to Playa Del Carmen or Cancun by using DestinationWeddings.com. Thank you for using Just Answer and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask for more information. I have already spent a couple of hours making phone calls and looking up resorts on the internet, so I know how frustrating it can be. That is why I wanted you to see a travel agent, but since you are wanting to do it yourself, this is the best way to go according to the travel agent I spoke with. Good Luck finding your perfect resort! Renee