Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Just Answer Wedding Mentor
Experience:  Wedding Planning, Decorator, Special Event Coordinator, Publicist, General Ettiquette

what should I wear to a 4PM wedding. Good friends. I am ...

what should I wear to a 4PM wedding. Good friends. I am 75 yr old woman. Thanks
Category: Wedding
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Pvb,

Were you satisfied with the answer to your pant suit question, or would you like some additional options?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: yes i was but i need to know what to wear.not just whether pants or pant suit would be ok, my husband wrote the request. i have clicked on accept to pay for the first question
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Lol, sometimes we have to ask the questions ourselves. *smile*

You can wear pants, most people will not hold their more mature guests to dress the same as some of the younger ones. For example, you would not be expected to wear high heels, whereas a younger woman might be frowned upon for wearing flats. You can look at it as you're earned the right to wear what you like *wink*

In my opinion, a nice solid pant and top is good, try a nice silver gray or black pant suit, with a white or pink blouse underneath. A gray or black pant with a white/pink/off white top, some patent or matte black shoe, and tasteful jewelry, is perfect. The simpler the better. Since spring is here, a tan or white pants set is nice as well, in silk or linen, with a fancy white sandal. You could also try a pin stripe pant with a button up blouse in white or gray. Pin stripe is always fancy.

Putting your hair up in a fancy style, with a nice comb, pin, or clip, adds to the look.

Above all, you should be comfortable.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need more ideas or want to give me any additional info.