vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Sunroof will not close completely, Its a 2009 eos, No, my

Customer Question

sunroof will not close completely
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: Good morning,
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Its a 2009 eos
JA: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, my friend finally got it closed; however, I plan to take it to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The convertible top works fine. W
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The convertible top works fine; however, the sunroof message will stop and a message appears stating to close the sunroof
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

can you take a picture of the cluster with that message please so i can see what is the exact message and see if there are any lights on in the dash ?

thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
there are no lights on - on the dash. and the message on appears when the sunroof is trying to close. I finally got the roof closed and the message is no longer there
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 days ago.

being a master VW tech i do not recall any sunroof close message just roof in operation , error in operation see owners manual, close luggage shelf in trunk .

was this the first time in a while the top was used?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
okay, I found it in the owner's manual under error messages
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 days ago.

which one then did you have?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The message in the owner's manual is in booklet 3.1 page 56
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 days ago.
Let me check on this! Will get back
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok