Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I just looking for ignition control module on 2003 jetta.

Customer Question

JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volkswagen Jetta. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: not now thanks
Category: VW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a Jetta 2003 Gasoline. it won't start. Crank ok but not spark. I just change the ignition coil and still won't start. I just check the ground point under the battery and it get rusty but I cleaned it very well. Also I check the signal + and ground to ignition coil and it's OK. But can't get crank signal in the conector for ignition coil. I mean signal from the Ignition Control Module. Can't find the Ignition Control Module to check it.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

is the check engine light on when the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I got the codes 16804, 16795, 17772, 17763,17704, 17766, 17769
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.
That is a good start. I do need a vin # to get the factory repair information to assist. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I fix it already. thanks.