vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I pulled codes 04874,00770,05709 from my 2011 Jetta se 2.5.

Customer Question

I pulled codes 04874,00770,05709 from my 2011 Jetta se 2.5. I can not find these codes any where. Can someone help? Thanks
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

these codes that you have i do need to know what modules that what code came out of .

if you hae vag com and please post the log of the entire vehicle scan here please so i can assist!!

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not have the complete diagnostic test a friend of mine did it for me
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

some code readers will not dechiper codes correctly and that is why i have asked which modules these codes come from . what warning lights are on in the dash ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Check engine light and the ecm? Light was on. The oil light also came on and off. The car sometimes stumbles like it's missing a cylinder temporarily. I changed the oil to be on the safe side
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

can i have your vin # please?

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3vwdz7aj3bm395232
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

hey the codes that you got were there any that were in the format Pxxxx? . example p0442.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No p code they all started with 0
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Do you have an autozone near by to have them scan the vehicle for codes?

that is another option to verify the same codes!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I do not. I work for a municipality and ask one of the mechanics to pull the code with there machine. I am trying to put up a picture of the codes that I took but it won't let me paste them on here
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

take a pic and use the paper clip option for the pic file.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not able to get that to work
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

is there a tab it shows attachment or add file?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I've tried everything hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get on all data and figure something out
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

no info in all data so any scan tool info that you have will help!!

thanks