Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I just installed new rotors and pads on my 2007 vw gti. But

Customer Question

I just installed new rotors and pads on my 2007 vw gti. But because of my work schedule. I was only able to do the rears and plan on finishing the front on Monday 12/12.After the install the rears are making a noise as I drive but stop as I break. The noise is like a winding noise. Not sure what it could be. I'm willing to take a video or audio for reference
Category: VW
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello

new pads and rotors will take a while to settle down and bed in, typically about 100 miles or so

to be sure it would be wise to remove the wheel and check that the rotor is bolted up square and true also check that the pads are sitting square and true in the caliper socket