vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 98 golf with a missing stereo. I took one from a

Customer Question

I have a 98 golf with a missing stereo.
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: I took one from a scrap car
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took one from the Pick and Pull. It needs a safe code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I will need 2 things .

• the vin # of the car .
  • the 14 digit VWZ #

With these 2 items i can assist!!!

thanks