vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2001 VW passat. Also 1 code for the RH front abs

Customer Question

hi
i have a 2001 VW passat . Also 1 code for the RH front abs sensor. I replaced the sensor with a used one, code came back after erasing it. I replaced the used one with another used one, same thing, code came back after erasing.
code is: 00285 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45) static - Open/short circuit to positive.
thank you
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to trace the wiring on the abs module!!!

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WVWAH63B11P024331
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
any news?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

sorry for the delay!!!

at the abs module disconnect the connector and measure the resistance with a digital ohm meter between pins 3 and 5 . then compare to measurement to pins 1 and 2.

let me know!!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you give me a layout for the pins? no # on the plug.....
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

where the wires go in should have at least at each en what pin # it is!!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1.2
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

1.2 ohms on both 1 &2 and 3&5 ?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

here is the pinout for the connector