vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have had rough time with my VW Passat 1.8t 2003. There is

Customer Question

Hi! I have had rough time with my VW Passat 1.8t 2003. There is in the panel the EPC light in an intermittent way and Motor light permanently. When EPC light come up the motor sound trembling and accelerated or suddenly turn off. The mechanic changed the Camshat, but still is the same problem. So after that he said, there is a sensor taking care of temperature that force to turn off when car is overheating, and A/C Fan looked doesn't work for long period time. They changed the A/ Fan, again, the same problem remain.
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded. Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please can you help me to discover what is wrong!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No there is a VW mechanic.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- i need more info from you & i will try to help

2- when at repair shop , did they scam it & retrieved fault codes ,what were they ?

3- they replaced the fan assemblies/motor itself or the fan control module ?

4- the epc is electronic power control , usually issu with drive by wire system throttle body ,but testing will be needed it could be several things

5- what is the car doing ,does it run & drive good ?

6- overheating issues ? what kind of service & parts been replaced on it so far other than the fan or fan module

do you have manual ac control or auto ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat