Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

2005 Touareg V8. Dead battery, Hook up jump box and no

Customer Question

2005 Touareg V8. Dead battery, Hook up jump box and no lights on dash and no power to anything.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Car has been dead for days.
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Are you really reading this?
JA: No. I'm the VW mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: The car is in my driveway. It has no power. Hooking up jump box or charger does nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I would like to know if you are trying to jump the vehicle at the emergency lugs on the drivers side of the engine compartment or under the drivers front seat at the battery?

please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Under the hood
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

can you try under the drivers seat? you will need to remove the 2 trim on the floor to expose the 2 xzn bolts to remove to tilt the seat back!

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvVZ01ow_Ec

please use link for reference!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sure. That's a half hour. Why wouldn't the under hood posts do the same?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

there have been issues with the posts of having high resistance . especially the positive cable going inside to the battery .

this is the beginning!!! you may have a charging issue where the voltage is dropping through the cables which then causing the battery to be discharged because of inadequate charging voltage!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay I was able to unbolt the front two bolts and tilt the seat back enough to get jump cables on the battery. Dash lights up but won't turn over. This is good news. I have a charger on it but not looking good. How can I take the seat out to change the battery?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Got the seat flipped back and battery out. New battery installed shortly.hopefully we're good. Thanjs
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

great to hear . just checking in to see if you still need assistance!!

let me know!!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This thing was in a collision and deployed airbags. Had to reset the secret reset button near the battery. The seat belts are locked. All of them. Is there a reset for those?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

no you need to replace the seat belt retractors!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Greg checking in to see if all is ok!!

Note no feedback has been given for my service!!!

I would appreciate taking the time to leave positive feedback for my assistance!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Thanks

Wolfgang