Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2005 Jetta V with a wiper motor that has the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Jetta V with a wiper motor that has the integrated circuit board. I bought it and the wipers didnt work. When I pulled out the motor and transmission for the wiper the linkage was seized. I ordered a replacement from a junk yard. Linkage works great but motor does nothing. They sent another linkage and motor that looks a little different , from a 2008 golf, I think, but it lines up right. Upon plugging the motor in, not only does it work - it wont stop. Even with the keys in my pocket, it just keeps going. I unplugged it and there is constant power to the motor, even with no key. If I start the car, the stalk will cause the motor to go faster or slower, but it wont ever stop unless I pull fuse or unplug.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 19 days ago.

Yeah, you need to order one according to the part number that is on your old one. It may have power all the time and have a switched ground, but the new one works differently.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Alright, I have a known good motor, power at the motor but nothing happens. I don't have access to a vag.com but have an appt to pay $60 on Monday to see what may be the issue. Would love to try a couple of things before then to resolve the issue and spend my $60 on the fix instead of the diagnosis. Fuse is good, power on the two big cables at connection to motor, but motor does absolutely nothing with key on and good closed. Washedlr pump works and stalk controls the dash display as expected. Just the wiper motor does not work.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 14 days ago.

You have tested this new motor with a jumper wire or something to verify it runs?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Saw it run in another car. Can't jump this motor because it has an integrated board with the motor. Therefore it must receive signal in order for it to run. It is a MKV 2005 Jetta.
Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
I have not replaced the stalk / wiper switch and no change. It still doesnt work. I am looking at changing the BCM, but when I took the steering wheel off, I found that the steering whell control module is not the factory one. the part number of the one installed is 1K0953549ac. The BCM installed is 1K0937049C. My vin is 3vwdf71k75m600136 VAG CON is showing a Fault of 02071 - local databus and 004 No Signal/communication. Vag Con also shows tons of malfuntion 0010's on the Gateway Instalation List. Also several Sporadic Communications. All I want to fix is the wipers though. The stalk will activate the washer fluid and run through the intrument cluster options - it just doesnt control the wiper motor at all. Known good skalk/switch and motor. Hood and all doors closed when trying to operate the wiper motor.
Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
CORRECTION - I HAVE REPLACED THE STALK SWITCH
Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
vagcom info I have attached
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 hour ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Ok lets do this first I do need a vin # of the vehicle.

second i need you to tell me what are te part #'s of the old wiper motor and then the replaced wiper motor.

i need this information to make sure that the new part jives correctly before moving on!!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 hour ago.
My vin is 3vwdf71k75m600136 - it is above with some other part numbers. I dont have the wiper part number with me, however, I have verified that both motors work by plugging them into my buddies 2006 Jetta. Also, the motors are the same part number, I verified that. (got the second one from a salvage warehouse off another jetta) My skill level is pretty good as I grew up around cars - have rebuilt engines and transmissions and done scores of other projects on cars - but VW's are a different story. So, as stated above, I have a knonw good stalk/switch and motor. I am getting power to the connector at the motor. the only thing that isnt working is the wipers - they have absolutly no reaction to anything done with the stalk.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 hour ago.

let me get the wiring diagram and will get back!!

Customer: replied 1 hour ago.
Okay, got the wiper motor part numbers. Original was 1K1955119B and the "newer" one is 1K1955119E out of a 2010 Jetta. They look exactly the same and show to be completely compatible.