Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have a 2012 VW Passat, I bought it as a salvage vehicle

Customer Question

I have a 2012 VW Passat, I bought it as a salvage vehicle needing a hood, windshield, radiator, condenser, radiator support, and LH headlight. No electrical wiring problems from the accident. I fixed it all and am noe driving it but the low oil pressure light comes on under certain conditions, like when I have the cruize control on and the right turn signal indicator stays on, if the headlights are not on, if I dont have my seat belt latched, I had a running light bulb out in the headlight so the indicator was on on the dash and it caused the low oil pressure light to be on, also under one of those conditions the low fuel light also comes on. what do these things have in common that would cause the oil pressure light, the low fuel light and the left turn signal to be on when they shouldnt be. there was a hole in the windshield and it sat outside all summer long enabling water to come in on the dash and fill in the passanger floor area. the carpet was very wet and i lifted it up and got it all out. I know there is a computer under the passanger seat but it seemed high enough not to get wet but maybe...Ideas? Thanks.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

The only common denominator is the instrument cluster itself, which could have gotten wet from water going behind the dash. I would pull the cluster and check for any signs of water intrusion in the connectors or on back of cluster and replace if found. If just water at the connector, you can try drying it off and using some dielectric grease between the connector and the cluster. If the problem continues, then replace the cluster

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.