gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

After driving my vw rialta for about an hour ,I stopped at a

Customer Question

after driving my vw rialta for about an hour ,I stopped at a restaurant. upon leaving Rialta would bearly run, idled real rough and notice epc light on. after about 10 minutes idling rough I got it moving, but was still missing. then it started running like nothing ever happen. any suggesting
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: intermittent
JA: What is the model of your '10 VW?
Customer: 2002 vw rialta motorhome
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all ive done in the past was use injector cleaner in the gas tank
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 months ago.

You are going to need to start out by having the faults scanned. Even if the check engine light is not on, you should have faults stored since the EPC light was on. You can get faults scanned at Autozone or any of the other large chain parts stores for FREE.

Since the EPC light came on, it is something related to the transfer of torque to the wheels- common issues are the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF), the Engine Coolant Temp sensor (ECT) or it could be related to the Throttle Body, which can often get a lot of dirty carbon fouling right inside the butterfly valve and need to be cleaned out well and adapted.

If you get faults scanned, they should either be preceded by a "P" (P codes) or a 5 digit number. Post them up here and I can help you interpret and form a diagnostic plan.