Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2005 Passat TDI ( Automatic) Not yet, Just want to

Customer Question

Hi Good afternoon I have a 2005 Passat TDI ( Automatic)
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not yet, Just want to understand the problem before taking it to Mechanic yesterday afternoon, the check engine light came on while I am on the road and the lights on the dash for gears are solid lit up
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: and I couldn't drive the car
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: VW/Passat - 2005 TDI ( Automatic)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a oil leak also I am not sure if that is from transmission ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best. I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Ok by your description you do have a trans fault because of the check engine light and the trans indicator at the same time.

just be aware there may be other codes maybe stored in the engine control module that pertains only to the engine. Make sure the person is scanning scans both modules to get all faults to check out accordingly. professional scan tool will be needed.

at this point there it is to vague of what is wrong exactly and needs to be narrowed down to diagnose correctly!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,Thanks for your reply, I just connected the OBD and got 4 error codes1) P0811
2) P0741
3) P0735
4) P0811Let me know.Regards.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

hey can i have your vin # please to get the factory repair information !!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WVWAE63B05E090041
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

did you verify the leak yet if it is transmission fluid or another leak ? that will be needed first to make sure before continuing!! with a trans leak and depending how much fluid did you lose can cause these faults that you have but may be a compounded issue where there may be more than one issue with the trans.

please let me know!!