vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I need to find a lost radio PIN code, disconnecting the

Customer Question

I need to find a lost radio PIN code
JA: Have you tried to reset this by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes?
Customer: disconnecting the battery is what has caused me to need to input the pin number
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2010 vw jetta 2.0 wolfsberg
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery was replaced, i have lost the pin code for the radio and need to know how to retrieve it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i assume he would need the radio Serial number -- vwz4z7m3261191
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

For me to assist i do also need the VIN # of the vehicle!!

thanks