Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

I got a 98 Jetta gls and when I try to foor it to get up and

Customer Question

I got a 98 Jetta gls and when I try to foor it to get up and go. The rpm's go high on any gear but I just slowly go.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

If you have a manual transmission it means that the clutch is not gripping as it should. The clutch plate might be worn down. If you have a automatic transmission it might be that the fluid pump/clutch packs are worn.

This should answer your question but should you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yeah I have a manual
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

Then the clutch plate is worn and you will have to have the clutch plate replace, the pressure plate and the trust bearing all might need replacement and do come as a kit. One can only really tell if you have the parts all in hand for inspection. But usually they all need replacement.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yeah I figured it was that. Thank you. is it easy to fix? If I did it myself.
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

The transmission needs to come out to do the replacement. Its not hard to do if you have the tools but if you do it lying on you back then it's pretty hard to do..

Martin.