vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2009 VW GTI and for the the past few days, the EPC

Customer Question

I have a 2009 VW GTI and for the the past few days, the EPC warning light comes on and the car looses power and eventually stalls with "engine Fault Workshop" If i let it sit for a few minutes and start the engine, it drives normal but same issue happens hours later. Any thoughts on what the issue is? Thank You.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Bill was a scan test performed to see what fault codes are stored?

any recent accidents?

any recent repairs before this issue you have now?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not brought to a mechanic yet. No scan test performed.
No accidents.
No recent repairs. Car had been running great until now.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

there can be many things for that lights to come on so a scan test will be needed to narrow down the issue. i hate to give you possibilities and with no avail its not the root cause of the issue at hand!