Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I just replaced the wiring harness on my 06 tdi jetta and i

Customer Question

hello
i just replaced the wiring harness on my 06 tdi jetta and i still have no power to the driver door controls
the locks work with the key remote and the signal on the mirror also works when i indicate or lock with the remote
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

Hello Trevor!!

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

The harness that you replaced is it a new one or a used one?

did you compare part #'s of the old harness and the "new" harness?

to also assist i do need a vin # of the vehicle

please let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I confirmed by vin number that this is the correct harness. It is new and addresses the original harness issue. The vin number is *****
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

do you have VAG COM scan tool?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No sorry I don't.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could some codes need to be cleared?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

possible . now so all the interior controls on the drivers door is not working ? if you use the key in the drivers lock cylinder does and unlock the door and hold does the window open?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that works, fist one then two then three then all four. But now my driver's window is stuck all the way down. And yes none of the controls on the door are working. And none of the controls lights are working.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

ok lock and hold the key to lock they should go up!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That doesn't work, driver's window stays down. Goes a little then back down ��
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The other thread go up and down as expected. And the doors lock and unlock.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
three
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

try again may take a couple times?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Goes up an inch then back down, still nothing works on the door.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried 15 times now.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

disconnect the window switch then retry

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is the window switch in the handle where the buttons are?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you have a picture?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No luck, now only the doors lock and no windows move with or without the switch plugged in.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just checked again it is working the same with switch unhooked. The 3 windows go down and up and the driver's goes up an inch or so then back down.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
anything else to try?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

sorry for the delay was in the hospital!!

scan test will be next . the way it sounds it is the window motor itself is no good . you have a new harness . all connectors are plugged in . the window does work down and up except the drivers one . scan test is needed to verify !!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that, hope it's nothing serious. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.
I just replaced the window regulator, now all windows go up and down as expected with the key in the door. The wire in the regulator was compromised and eventually broke while trying to get it to close. There is still no power in any of the door controls.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

ok may want to recheck the harness to see if there are any other cut wires. still need a vag com scan to see what codes are stored!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK thanks, I'm going to have to hand it off to someone with one of those gadgets.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

my pleasure!!

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN TRYING HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A POSITIVE RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Wolfgang