vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2004 beetle convertible. I was changing the bulb in

Customer Question

I have a 2004 beetle convertible. I was changing the bulb in the vanity light on the passenger side. Two of the pieces of metal that holds the bulb touched and made a tiny arc(spark). when that happened the driver side vanity light went out. Now the top work work at all (its down), power mirrors won't work, windows won't work, plus who knows what else. I looked at the fuse box on the side and tested the fuses with a test light. Some of the fuses would light up and some wouldn't but the ones that wouldn't light up are not blown. The fuse box at the battery looks fine. No sign of melting or anything burnt. I don't know what to do!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need the vin # to assist.

thanks