vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Is this free? How much? how much time to get an estimate to

Customer Question

is this free?
JA: The VW Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: How much?
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: how much time to get an estimate to get your advice?
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: What if I pay you 20 bucks an hour to ask questions and I stop when I feel I have what I need? if not I waste my time give you info like my 2005 VW TDI Wagon with a Hater Fan or Switch problem that has many causatives and likely not to get a clear answer first go so 2005 Jeta Wagon TDI
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes pulled glove box down. exposed fan speed resistor, checked that, fine. checked fuse fine. motor has two/thre cables coming in.. not sure is one is stator winding power, and the other rotor winding power, but at least one has power proper to power a fan. fan does not turn when swich is in any speed position, but I get 12 V solid on the two wider jack on the motor fan housing under dashboard. so how much for advice?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: dealer checked fuse I believe number 25
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what will he do for me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the correct wiring diagram of the vehicle to assist!!

thanks