Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Vw Touareg 2.5: Abs light on and brake light flashing and no

Customer Question

Vw Touareg 2.5 : Abs light on and brake light flashing and no gears shifting
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Yes both on
JA: What year is your Touareg?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, fixings myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: VW
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The first step is to get the codes scanned with a scan tool that can read abs codes. This could be so many things and a code will narrow down the problem to the root cause.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Already pulled the trouble code. Address 02 is not present on vehicle networking. Address 01 is reporting missing data from ABS and Automatic control unit. Codes: P1649, P1645 and P1626.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I am going to open this back up to other experts I do not have access in my service manual for this vehicle, someone will be here to help shortly.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information.

• ​is the drivers side carpet wet or damp?
  • any recent accidents
  • any recent repairs before this issue came about?

please let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I removed all seats and carpets nothing wet. All dry.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

is this a left hand drive or right hand drive vehicle please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Righ hand drive and I removed both sides seat completely to see wiring.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

so the battery is on the drivers side or the passenger side?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

i'm from the states so i have to make sure where the battery is to instruct you on where to look at wiring splices

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Passenger side and Automatic transmission control module is located underneath the driver seat. Also no P R N D L indicator display on cluster and selector lever gear can not move from P.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

ok the wiring on the passenger side fllor near front of the front door opening , take the wrap off and inspect the splices there . the splices has corroded or came apart and has to be redone!!! there are 2 to 3 sets of splices on that side . please let me know with pics !!!

thanks

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry to say but I didnt pay for reading all these story. Anyways I have fixed the problem.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

so that means that my recommendation and utilized our service to better you ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I have already checked all the recommendations provided by you before I contacted you. Your recommendation was based on internet search.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

no sir i'm a Master VW technician for 18 yrs for a VW dealer in the United States. My profile shows it!!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok lets play again now. Lets assume that I have not fixed car and now guide me where we left. Our last thread was to show you pictures of passenger side wiring harness and its attached here.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

not playing around but no evidence that is your car? In the States we have left hand drive vehicles so that is why i have asked of the battery location because there is electrics at the same area with a relay which the splices controls that relay and locks up the shifter , no trans communication , abs and brake lights on and flashing . the dash lights lit up like a christmas tree.

alot of people does not respond and check back in to say hey i found it or not so that is why that "anything else" message was sent .

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

i try to follow up everyday !!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thanks. It is definitely my car and I am also master technician from VW.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

what dealer code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
390
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please tell me terminal code for which you refering to me to see/check weld splice on passenger side near door openings!!!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

i need the pic of the options sticker where the spare tire is located.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Then how do you recommended me before? That is the reason I predicted that your recommended is base on internet search. Thanks for your guidance and I close this tech help now.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

because in my dealer i have done alot of that repairs in the field!! went for Touareg training when they first came out !! especially where there is alot of moisture in the carpet which then corrodes the splices!!

390 is not a dealer code !!! the dealer codes are 6 digits and also your importer code?

so what scan tool you use vag com ? vcds? vas pc ?