vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

If a code returns like yours, the wiring is damaged or the

Customer Question

if a code returns like yours, the wiring is damaged or the computer is bad. I've been down this road with this code from a short. And that short burned out the computer."
I am seeing the same issue. I have tried 3 different TCUs (same part number) and it keeps throwing the code. Changed solenoid. Wiring seems to check out ok, measuring blocks look good. Thoughts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i need some more info!!

• vin # of the vehicle
  • code stored in the tcu?
  • any accidents or water leaks (carpet wet)?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My skill level is very high, but at my wit's end with this one. This is my 5th new beetle, so I am very familiar with themVin 3VWFG31Y47M410218No damage that I know of. The TCU is located under the dashboard on these, and not under the seat as in some Jettas.The code is 00268
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

ok you have an issue with the n93 valve .

please measure resistance of at tcu connector pins 31 and 17 and what resistance do you have?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done all of that. It is 5.5 ohms, within spec. I have checked for shorts and breaks in the circuit. Nothing. Checking and double-checking. 3 solenoids and 3 different different TCUs. It's almost as if the TCUs are getting fried when I plug them in. But everything checks out. Seems like a wiring issue, but everything checks out.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

do you have vag com scan tool? i do need a little more of that code . there is additional #'s and wording that is needed to identify if it is a short , implausible , open etc.. a log that is posted here will help me out on this.

let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Solenoid valve 6
Open circuit/short circuit to ground
Fault code: 00268 (268)
Status: static
Measurements:
1.2 •v.OT
Frequency counter: 3
Mileage: 226477 km
Driving cycle: 0
Priority: 2
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

ok when you had the pan down which solenoid was replaced ? location ? also how many connectors did you unplug at the valve body? was the valve body removed for replacement of the solenoid?

please let me know!!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I unplugged and replaced only the N93 solenoid in this 09G transmission, without removing the valve body. It is the second to last solenoid on the drivers side.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE VAG COM CAN YOU GIVE ME THE FULL LOG OF THE VEHICLE AND POST IT HERE?

THANKS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wolfgang,That output is from ODBeleven. I just purchased VCDS and should be able to get the full scan output to you tomorrow.Thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

that would be awesome !!

will hear from you tomorrow!!!

thanks