Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Man only Master I have this '09 Tiguan Problem was that

For Master Wolf Man only
Master I have this '09 Tiguan
Problem was that timing chain tensioner failed and all valves on cylinder head got bent
So this guys replaced the entire timing change set and had the cylinder head redone
After they finish putting everything back together engine started fine about 3 times but the fourth time engine did not restart and there is no compression in all cylinders
Now it's my turn to try to figure this out anything that you might know about this engines after you put them back together
The cylinder head is back out and all valves are fine new components of timing change seems to be fine
Can you help on this one bud thanks a lot
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thaks no problem I be waiting on my expert

what all did you replace on the chain? was the intake cam replaced? the screw valve for the timing on the intake cam was that replaced? pics of what was replaced will help me out alot!!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me get all that stuff for you buddy okay thanks for replying

sure!!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay but so far this is what I know it's been replaced on this vehicle the only thing that was not replaced is the timing chain and guides for counter shafts
This thing is going back in
I think counter shafts chain is in time see attachment
Can you send timing marks and
Procedure to put this back together
Thanks Master

i have no attachment

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me get a picture of balance shafts chain

do you have the cam lock tools?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm getting it

good .

here is 2 pics

to start

make sure its a new chain , chain tensioner , cam bridge(pic), the cam adjustment valve that screws into the intake cam .

that pic maek sure the screen is there if not you need to find the screen if you do not find the screen then the intake cam must be replaced with the new valve. (no ifs!!!!)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this chain right like this
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I get back to you ok bud

that looks right . if you did not take that off then should be ok!!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Master is timing of intake cam ok like this pics
And if it is
is the number one cylinder first intake valve supposed to be open just a little tiny bit and II Bell close all the way ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I mean the second valve fully closed

i need the chain on and line up the links to the marks . then take pics. make sure its a new chain!!!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Crank gear came out how do hold it on place I have to re install balace shaft chain
Here is picture of it because I don't see a way to hold it on place
And I will send pics of timing chain on
Thanks bud

this is not good!!! when the chain was replaced the front part has slipped . now the damage is done . i need a pic of the crank end itself to see if that is damaged.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me tell you but these guys are a bunch of idiots they couldn't figure out why this thing was out time and I found the problem for them now I'm sending you pictures of the crank it seems to me to be fine okay but just see it yourself and tell me what do I need to do to install that piece that gear back on it
Thanks Master

replace the lower gear !!! then install with new crank bolt but use the old bolt first to hold the gear together with the crank when placing chain on the cams and the gear!!

Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience: Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Master Wolf Man I will get back to you when I get all this chains on time
the crank bolt has to be super tight
I'm going to make me a tool to hold it
if I'm not wrong it takes 111 ft lb + 90 degrees

yes correct