Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I've got a 2010 VW Passat Komfort, 2.0 with two issues. I've

I've got a 2010 VW Passat Komfort, 2.0 with two issues. I've got a P2432 code, which I believe to be a secondary air flow sensor. Not sure where to find its physical location and I'd like to determine where it is before I unnecessarily remove panels. I've also got a tranny that gets funky in reverse. Will not immediately shift into reverse and many times requires that I restart the engine to engage reverse. If engine is not restarted, its likely that transmission lights will start flashing and car won't shift out of first gear.
I've seen that many folks have this issue, but I'm hoping to avoid an expensive mechatronic replacement.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to get the factory information for your vehicle to assist.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning, here's the VIN: WVWJM7AN9AE102283

great. was a scan test performed on the trans module to see what codes were stored?

the sensor for the secondary air is located on the side of the head near the mass air flow sensor. remove the air cleaner to see it much better!!

look at the pic the sensor is mounted on the part where the hose goes in to the item on the pic.

let me lknow on the scan test

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for info on the sensor, didn't want to randomly pull parts searching for it.Unfortunately, at the moment there's no codes showing (using generic scanner). There was at one point when this started and it was related to the tranny, but stupid me forgot to write it down. I'm hoping that the code pops up in a day or two. Does my VIN have any tranny related issues? I was told that some mechatronic units were being replaced under extended warranty, and it seemed as if my reverse issue was exactly what others were having issues with too. Thank you

there is no extended warranty on the tranny from VW.

It depends if what is the issue if you have a clutch going bad or the mech unit . a road test is needed with scan tool to see which way to go on this !!

without the code (which is key) of which way to go on this!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got it to throw a P2711 (again, generic) by putting it in reverse and letting it try to engage...it clunks 3-4 times right before the tranny light starts flashing. Then it won't go into reverse and will only go fwd in 1st, won't shift up unless it's shut down and restarted.Are you able to suggest anything based on the P2711? Thanks

there is a tech bulletin for this code . you will need to replace the clutch assy . the transmission needs to be removed to replace the clutch . special tools and measurements are needed to make sure the clearance is set correctly . then new fluid and filter is needed!!

recommend the parts come from the VW dealer !!

the tech bulletin is 30-15-01

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wolfgang, thank you for your expertise. $38 is well worth it.

My pleasure!!