Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

My beetle 2000 won't start properly without jump starting

My beetle 2000 won't start properly without jump starting it. I charged the battery but it looks like its not strong enough. Could it be that the solenoid is faulty? Or something else?

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

That could be but the battery has to be fully charged and pass a load test before any starting system diagnosing can be done accurately

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've fully charged it last night and checked it with a battery/alternator checker and it lights up has good.

I see, thanks. That could be a high amperage draw from the starter. Do you know what the starter is drawing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think the battery is dead. add a look again and the battery is flat. i will get a new battery and let you know how that goes.

Okay, thanks.

We, (the experts) are only paid by your positive ratings.

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, (positively) **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi
i ve had the new battery installed. my next question is when i start the car it makes a squeaky sound like something is turning to much. what could this be?

Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, (and we are not allowed to go into other areas than the original question) but that is most likely just a loose belt, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, sorry.

.

.

.