Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Just got gas and the pump didn't click off so gas over

Customer Question

Just got gas and the pump didn't click off so gas over flowed. My car stalled a block from station and now will not start
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

So far this looks like the EVAP system has been filled with liquid fuel instead of vapors and the system has done a purge to try and clean it out which resulted in alot of fuel dumping into the engines intake and it has flooded it out. I recommend you remove the EVAP vacuum hose from the intake and plug both ends then try to get the car to start. If you can get it to start then have a shop address the EVAP system. This should still be under warranty since it is an emissions related issue.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.