vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have problem with my 04 volkswagen when i start the

Customer Question

i have problem with my 04 volkswagen when i start the vehicle always the clock resets on 12
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes, they do and the battery is full
JA: What is the model of your '04 Volkswagen?
Customer: phaeton
JA: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i checked all the fuses and batteries and they all look ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: and i cant unlock the car with the remote
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

On your Phaeton , does the vehicle sit for long periods of time where is it not used?

on start up does the infotainment screen takes a while to light up ? any warning lights come on upon start up and then turn off after driving ?

please let me know!!

thanks