vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2006 vw jetta that does this bucking thing and the

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a 2006 vw jetta that does this bucking thing and the engine rowls up when the car is in park. I have the mass air floor sensor changes because when I disconnected it the engine stopped Rowling up. But now it's changed and still making the loud noise. Also my check engine is on but no one is able to pick up anything once it's put on the diagnostic machine. Epc light is on the dash as well as check engine
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it just comes on when I turn the car on but cuts off immediately after. The check engine stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its been to several different shops, I've had the spark plugs and coils changed and now the mafs but nothing so far has resolved the issue. Once I couldn't go above 20 for like 2 minutes and my battery light comes on sometimes and the car stops but when I take the battery to get charged or replace it, I'm told that mine is still very good. I'm wondering if it's bad wiring of something electrical
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My air went from blowing hot to not at all. It made a loud noise when turned to max so I replaced the compressor but now it doesn't blow at all. I was told the blower may be bad. But I'm so tired of being told this and that and spending money here and there that I really don't have to waste please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 month ago.

Have you been to a dealer, or a non-specific mechanic? Do you know what scan tool they are using?

What engine do you have in your Jetta? There is a sticker on the timing belt cover that will have a 3 digit code like BPY, etc...and then the serial number of the engine.

Or you could give me your VIN and I can look up build data to be sure.

Is it only when the car is idling, does it run better when you rev it up?