Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I am looking for a tires pressure checker... what is the

Customer Question

I am looking for a tires pressure checker... what is the best option I have (quality/price)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Do you mean you want to add a tire pressure monitoring system to your vehicle, or want a portable air pressure pump to add air when needed, or just one of the little hand held tire pressure guage.

What is the year, make and model of your vehicle

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I mean tire pressure monitor
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, if you are wanting to add an aftermarket tire pressure monitoring system, I do need to know the year make and model of your vehicle to make sure any recommendation is compatible. Because these work off of RF signals, they can interfere with other control modules, remote starters and keyless entry systems. This is why it is important to know the year, make and model of your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to be able to check the current tires pressure. I dont trust gas stations.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

If you just want to manually check the tire pressure yourself, just get one from a parts store for $3-$5. The cheap ones are just as accurate as the expensive ones. I have the same one I bought 20yrs ago for $2 and is still good and still accurate.