gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

2002 4motion passat. The transmission is leaking out of the

Customer Question

2002 4motion passat. The transmission is leaking out of the rear seal that goes to the driveshaft to the rear axle. No one around here has it and I cant find the correct part number. I also need the part number for the o ring that goes between the housing and the transfer case itself. If you cant understand me if you can provide a parts picture I can tell you which ones I need via the number.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have attached a diagram, #18? correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Its actually at the transfer case part not the rear differential

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

sorry for the misunderstand. I do not have a diagram for this so I will opt out, Another expert should be along soon to help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Ok

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 month ago.

can I have the VIN of your Passat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I will get it to you in the morning. Just saw your reply. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

WVWTH63BX2P133669

Looks like maybe 34 and 38 are the seals you are looking for? At least you would be able to bring this in to a dealer and show them what parts you need. I can't seem to find the diagram that would show the pinion shaft that would come out of the backside of the gearbox- which would probably give the part number for #38. I don't know why, if it is pictured here, they can't put the part number here. VW!