vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I'm looking for a fuse box diagram for an '06 Jetta TDI. the

Customer Question

I'm looking for a fuse box diagram for an '06 Jetta TDI. the power windows aren't working and the trunk wont open from the fob, but everything else works
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yeah, just replaced
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet, figured it was a fuse. it happened to me a couple years ago, need to pick one up but I can't remember where or what size fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to assist!!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
have you found a fuse diagram?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 15 days ago.

do you have vag com scan tool to see what codes are stored?

the reason is that there are computer modules that operates the windows . and the operation of the windows is communication area networked .

any recent accidents ?

any recent repairs before this issue came about?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
nothing, no repairs, no accidents, it just happened today. driver window was rolled down and wouldn't go back up. the window motor is not making any noise for any of the windows. none of the other windows work
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 15 days ago.

from just the master switch or each door switch or both?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 15 days ago.

what happens if you use the key in the drivers door and lock the door with the cylinder and hold do the windows roll up?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i don't have the car near me. my wife was driving it, she said that she only tried the windows from the driver panel, and that after she couldn't get the windows up she tried the trunk from the fob and it wouldn't open, but the trunk would open with the key. she also said the car locks and unlocks fine with the fob
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
this happened to me a few years ago and it was a fuse. I was going to grab some on the way home but I cannot find a diagram of which fuse it is and the amps