Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs

2006 Jetta 1.9 Dsg issue. Code 17160 or p0776. Pressure

Customer Question

2006 Jetta 1.9 Dsg issue. Code 17160 or p0776. Pressure solenoid b or solenoid 2. I have a diagram of the valvebody, it does not say pressure solenoid b or 2. What is the N number for the solenoid. N217?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

please see link that i have for you to identify the solenoids.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is the exact picture i already have. I asked you specifically. Which is the solenoid on the diagram that is affected by code p0776 17160.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no you did not answer my question.