rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2006 4 cylinder 2.0 Turbo. i accidently overfilled oil.

Customer Question

2006 4 cylinder 2.0 Turbo. i accidently overfilled oil. began driving car and it started blowing smoke out exhaust, i pulled over and shut car off. i could still start car, but it was hard to keep running, then could not get it started again. had it towed.
started car and had mechanic look at smoke coming from both exhause pipes, turned off car and mechanics first opinion was that i blew a head gasket.
after putting in bay and looking things over more extensively then said i may have lower engine problems too, like i may have blown engine because car is making knocking noises like if i broke a rod or something. I need help badly because I've never had any problems with this car and I can't afford to buy a new one. 111k miles prestine condition otherwise. Auto is paid in full and I would rather fix it then I go out and have to buy a new car.
please help, I need to have car to get to and from work. I read in a comment that you made earlier to someone else that they did the same thing and I'm not sure if my mechanic went through the procedures as specified in the link that I sent him about your suggestion. I will be waiting your response
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

Okay, the first thing that needs to be done is a compression and cylinder leak down test to confirm where to go next..

No one can say you have a blown head gasket with any accuracy without doing the tests first. If it's white steam coming out the tail pipe, then it can be a head gasket. If it's oil, it lingers in the air a bit and it's most likely an engine lower end problem. The oil pan may also need to be removed fora better visual inspection.

Thanks Ron

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i never was asked to confirm i wanted to go through with this because i wanted a 1 time answer with much more detail. I agree to the $5 fee, but in no way do i need to use your services any longer. Your response was so minimal and not helpful at all. I received more detailed info from Eris The Car Guy "for FREE", then i got from you. I no nothing about cars, but a fruend who works on cars already told me what you said, and in much more detail with our options (step 1,2,3,4 etc...) I do not give authorization for further charges to be made to my credit car effective immediately 10/2/2016
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

Once you have some answers to give from the testing I told you to do, that's when more information is available. We have to start somewhere.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and DO keep this link for when you need me again later on.